Stephen Stills
1974-03-09
Auditorium Theatre
Chicago, IL
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Black Queen
02. Wooden Ships
03. Rocky Mountain Way > Jet Set (Sigh)
04. Blackbird
05. Everybody's Talkin'
06. 4 + 20
07. 49 Bye-Byes
08. For What It's Worth
Following the collapse of Manassas and just prior to the monumental 1974 CSNY reunion tour, Stephen Stills hit the road with one of the hardest rocking bands he ever assembled.
Two of the most memorable nights of the tour occurred on March 8th and 9th, when Stills and the band took to the stage of Chicago's Auditorium Theatre.
These two shows were recorded by the King Biscuit Flower Hour for this broadcast later that year.
Additional material - not from the broadcast - from those same two shows for the Stills Live album released the following year. This FM broadcast captures night 2 in Chicago, on March 9, 1974, 4 dozen years ago today.



6 comments:
Nice post, Speedy! This is one I had not seen, or heard rather, before. Good sound quality, you know that grabs my attention. Stills in fine form, even if it's not a long recording it's a sweet one.
Just think, this was only a few months before the start of the massive CSNY tour of '74.
Glad you enjoyed! T
Speedy, another thank you. I always like this recording. I taped it off KBFH back when and played it a lot. The tape has since degraded. I preferred this recording to the released Stephen Stills Live that you describe.
@hugh - its a good one! Hope all is well my friend!
@speedymjb ..all is well and I hope the same is true for you. 2 shots of Pfizer in my arm. Hoping that everyone can be vaccinated soon.
@Hugh - great news my friend! Hoping here by end of March!
Post a Comment