The Eagles
1973-03-20
BBC Television: In Concert
London, UK
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Train Leaves Here This Morning
02. (Whatever Happened To) Saturday Night
03. Peaceful Easy Feeling
04. Certain Kind of Fool
05. Early Bird
06. Witchy Woman
07. Take It Easy
08. Out of Control
09. Early Bird (alternate take)
Bonus Track - Old Grey Whistle Test
10. Already Gone
In June 1972, the Eagles released their self titled debut album to critical acclaim and commercial success. Three singles from the album, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Women and Take It Easy, all hit the top 25 on the Billboard charts. Moreover, the album played a key role in popularizing a new 1970s musical genre know as the Southern California country rock sound. In early 1973, the Eagles returned to England, where they had recorded their debut album, to again team with producer Glyn Johns, on their second album. While in London, they did a show for BBC Television on March 20, 1973, 4 dozen years ago today, which is captured in this soundboard recording. The set features several songs from their first album, including all 3 hit singles, as well as 2 tracks from their soon to be released second disc, Out of Control and Saturday Night. Interestingly, the Eagles do not play the 2 best known songs from that 2nd disc, the title track, Desperado, and Tequila Sunrise. Perhaps those tunes were not yet complete, as the album was not released until a month after this performance. In any event, download this show to catch the Eagles near the very beginning of their career.



14 comments:
THANK YOU
very cool!!! thanks speedy
Sounds great. Thank you very much
All links appear to be dead. Any chance for a re-up?
new link is up! enjoy!
Acquiring it as we speak! Thanks so much for the swift response! Sorry I didn't say thank you for all that Clapton I got from you a few months ago!
I would be very grateful if this early Eagles show was reposted! Thank you for this fine site, and for your consideration of my request.
new link is up - enjoy!
Link has gone dead again. Can we please get it back? Thanks!
nEW LINK IS UP - ENJOY
Thanks for the swift response! I see where I requested a re-load for this same show about six years ago using the name "Allen Zboi". Maybe I'll do a better job of hanging on to it this time...
This one seems to have disappeared from the face of the internet. Could you please re-up? Thanks!
new link is up - enjoy. I also re-upped the 1973-03-10 show from the Netherlands.
Thanks so much!
Post a Comment