Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Chicago - 1971-03-17 - Nacogdoches, TX (SBD)

Chicago 
1971-03-17
Stephen F. Austin State University, 
Nacogdoches, TX  
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Listen
02. Happy Cause I'm Going Home 
03. Poem For The People
04. Lowdown
05. Piano Intro
06. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is
07. Sing a Mean Tune Kid
08. Ballet For A Girl In Buchanon

CD 2
01. Fancy Colours
02. Elegy Suite 
03. Beginnings
04. I Don't Want Your Money
05. Loneliness Is Just A Word


In January 1971, Chicago released their third album, appropriately entitled Chicago III. It was the first time they would use Roman Numerals in an album title, which would become a trademark of theirs going forward, While the album lacked a major hit single, it still rose to the #2 position on the Billboard charts.  This soundboard recording captures the band on tour in support of Chicago III, on March 17, 1971, a half century ago today.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, old friend. I am older than you. I am having fun scheduling an app't. w/a counselor. They have taken my info 3x now, & keep calling me back to say they have wrong numbers. They are not having office visits, because of Covid, so I'm going to have to struggle through w/the phone. My 2 hearing aids don't like phones & they don't have Zoom. Good thing I'm not dangerous. They did up my meds, so I'm doing better, there. Have a nice St. Patty's Day. Everyone is Irish, today/even Marvin the Martian. Say hi to everyone, please. I'll be back, rising from the ashes, like a Phoenix! Watch & see. Peace, love & God's blessings from here! jimg

MisterManiac said...

Thanks for this! Early Chicago kicks some serious A*s. As a kid growing up in the late 70's and early 80's, I equated Chicago as a sappy ballad AM-radio band. When I finally heard their first album, it was a revelation to me. Can never have enough of their pre-73 material!

speedymjb said...

@JIMG - HANG IN THERE MY GOOD FRIEND! Sending all good vibes your way! Peace - and may the music help heal!

Gman said...

It looks like the download link for this show has expired. Sorry I missed it when first posted, but is it possible to repost please? Thanks so much!

speedymjb said...

New link is up! Enjoy!

Gman said...

thanks so very much!!

Gman said...

Sorry to say that the link, as it's usually placed in the boot description, is only wording and not an actual link. Maybe I'm missing something? Thanks so much again.

speedymjb said...

Technical error on my part! try now!

Gman said...

Got it. Thanks you so much for your effort. Not to mention the great site!

Post a Comment