Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Download Hosts Used At So Many Roads

I know that it can be frustrating to try and download a show, only to find the host doesn't work for you, or is extremely slow.

That said, I simply do not have the time to upload shows to multiple hosts, or split folders into smaller pieces to take advantage of some of the faster hosts. And I simply can't spend the money to pay for faster access or more storage space. In addition, many hosts, such as Mega and Rapidgator, do not work in my area. while others, like Workupload, instantly delete anything I upload.

So, given all that, here's how we are handling all uploads:
  • Any show under 500 mb goes up on zippyshare. 
  • Anything over 500 mb goes on filefactory   
  • We're testing WeTransfer for some re-posts but have concerns since the links only last 7 days
Is it a perfect system? No. But given the fact I have a life beyond this blog, it's the best I can do. Those 2 hosts work for me and are free. I apologize in advance if you have some issues with certain shows, but it's simply impossible to provide universal access given technology, geography, and time constraints.

Thanks for understanding. Enjoy the tunz.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you do here is fantastic!
It's a shame that you feel you have to apologize to some people but it also says what kind of person you are.
Thanks for everything!

Necessary Music Productions said...

Zippy, sendspace and filefactory ahve all worked fine for me. Thanks for all the shows Bud!

otis t said...

No need for YOUR apologies. We're all just grateful for the FREE stuff offered here. Thanks for everything.

Blooz said...

Speedy, your work here is nothing less than amazing - no one has the right to moan or complain about where the files are hosted. Good to see your posts over at the Plop Cave as well....Blooz

speedymjb said...

Thanks to everyone who posted kind messages supporting what we try to do here at So Many Roads

Zeke said...

I'm just thrilled you do what you do, no explanation required. THANKS!

Fat Boy, Ltd. said...

Everybody loves 'em some Zippyshare because it's pretty much the fastest ever. What really counts tho is getting the show and getting it right. I believe you made a wise choice in Filefactory. Along with Depositfiles it's one of the most dependable and trouble-free sites. For what it's worth, I use WeTransfer regularly. I agree whole heartedly in your concern about the time limit but it's been my experience that they too are dependable and trouble-free. I believe the speed is a little better too. I really didn't mean to just go on and on. Just let me say I support you and I thank you sincerely for tons of great music.

Anonymous said...

Whatever host you use is fine. Thank you for sharing your music with us! Don

Post a Comment