Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Hot Tuna - 2002-01-19 - Anaheim, CA (SBD)

Hot Tuna
2002-01-19
NAMM Show - Picking For Epiphone
Hilton Pulse Room
Anaheim, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. Hesitation Blues
02. Trouble In Mind
03. Death Don’t Have No Mercy
04. I See The Light
05. 99 Year Blues
06. I Am The Light Of This World
07. Ice Age
08. San Francisco Bay Blues

2nd Set:
01. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed And Burning
02. Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out
03. That’ll Never Happen No More
04. Living In The Moment
05. Embryonic Journey
06. Good Shepherd
07. Serpent Of Dreams
08. Uncle Sam Blues
09. Candy Man
10. How Long Blues
11. Follow The Drinking Gourd
12. I Know You Rider

Encore:
13. Nine Pound Hammer

Hot Tuna - 2002-01-19 - Anaheim, CA (SBD)

2000s - #3: Guitarist Jorma Kaukonen and bassist Jack Casady first worked together way back in 1965, as members of the Jefferson Airplane. In 1969, while still with the Airplane, they launched a side project called Hot Tuna, an acoustic duo that focused on their blues roots. In 1972, after the Airplane dissolved, Hot Tuna went electric, featuring long instrumental jams in concert. While I'm not a big fan of their electric music, I do find something unique and compelling about acoustic Hot Tuna. This one's a soundboard recording of Jorma and Jack from Anaheim from January 19, 2002, 17 years ago today.



8 comments:

howlingwilf said...

You have to love a friendship & musical partnership that weathers every storm and is an example to us all. Thank you for (another) excellent post, speedy.

Anonymous said...

please, can you re-up some of hot tuna's concerts?
thanks anyway

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy. See our repost policy in the sidebar - pick a show or two you want, and I'll repost them. Simply can't repost every show by a band as there's not enough time in the day!

Digam11 said...

Last request ... could I also please get a re-up for this HT show ? If 3 requests is too many, please let me know. Thanks for all the great show !

speedymjb said...

Digam11 - please see our re-post policy in the side bar. and in this post https://so-many-roads-boots.blogspot.com/2025/02/dead-links-download-hosts-and-re-post.html

Simply don't have the time to handle 3 re-post requets in a single day on the heels of the previous ones.

Pick one you'd like now, the come back in a week so so with another, etc. Spread them out ove rtime so I can hnadle all te ones I get from the many different people who visit this site. Thanks for understanding

Digam11 said...

Got it, I appreciate you explaining this. Could I please get a re-up for this 1-19-2002 show ? Thanks again

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy!

Digam11 said...

Thanks very much for the 1-19 show. Looking forward to it

Post a Comment