Eric Clapton
1999-11-04
Japan Tour Rehearsal
Ton Studios
Los Angeles, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. My Father's Eyes
02. Hoochie Coochie Man
03. Reconsider Baby
04. She's Gone
05. Rambling On My Mind
06. Bell Bottom Blues
07. Tears In Heaven
08. Change The World
09. Gin House
10. Cocaine
11. Layla
1990s - #1: After spending most of 1998 on the road touring behind the the album Pilgrim, Eric Clapton took the first 10 months of 1999 off. He was spent from the tour, especially the emotional nature of songs from the album that dealt with the tragic, accidental death of his 4year old son, Connor. When he finally went back out on the road in late 1990, he headed to Japan, where in played a 14 night rum visiting 5 different cities. This soundboard recording captured EC rehearsing for that tour, in Los Angeles on November 4, 1999, 21 years ago today.



2 comments:
Speedy thanks for this one. I had not seen this before. I had seen EC 5-14-98 on the tour supporting Pilgrim which was IMO very good. The songs were played well and nice to hear them live vs the album. This "transition" recording is welcomed.
Hugh - my pleasure. I saw EC in 1987 and 1991. I've wanted to see him again but recently, whenever he has come to the Ny/NJ area, his ticket prices have been the highest of any artist - more expensive than McCartney =, for example. Just been cost prohibitive for me.
Post a Comment