Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 3, 2022

A New Year's Resolution - BE KIND!

In the tune Uncle John's band, the Grateful Dead ask the question "Are You Kind?'.  In our World today, so fractured in opinions, which is exacerbated by social media where anonymous trolls can leave hateful and harmful messages and misinformation, a little bit more kindness would do us all some good.

So I've resolved in 2022 to do my best to be kind.  No more rants on my blog if I feel wronged or harmed. No more snarky social media comments. Just going to try to be thankful for all I have in my life - wonderful family and friends, two great rescue dogs, food on the table, a roof over my head, great music to listen to and share, etc.  I'm sure it won't be easy, and I know I'll mess up - I'm human after all - but that's my guiding principle for 2022 - BE KIND!

So, to start down that road, let me take a few minutes to say thank you:
  • To those who visit this blog and leave kind words - I thank you!
  • To those who ask politely for re-posts - I thank you!
  • To those who have bought my book - I thank you!
  • To those who kindly put up with my errors - typos, a wrong link, a tape I think sounds great to these old ears that may not be all that good, a garbled upload, a mispelling in a post, etc. - I thank you!
  • To those who simply quietly visit each day and enjoy this little place on the web - I thank you!
  • To those who have been here for all 12 years of So Many Roads, and those who just arrived today for the first time - I thank you!
May 2022 be a better, kinder year for all of.  Enjoy the tunz!

17 comments:

Keefus said...

Thank You!!!!

hinterwald said...

my summer sweater. cheers from the her(m)etic garage

speedymjb said...

Thanks for sharing the Be Kind image!

Jobe said...

What a great sentiment. But thank you for all the great music you have given us these many years. Hope you have many more. From your friends at The Wagon and The Boot

duke green said...

we all have to be thankful to you......

hinterwald said...

@speedymjb

heyNow, that shirt works well ;)

Jeff said...

There's a reason this is the #1 site I visit (and have stopped at each day for several years). Thank YOU!

Jim said...

You are good man, Speedy.
God bless you and your family as you do your best to be kind. I feel inspired to do the same.

Krispy said...

Thank You so very much for all your hard work and effort to keep this blog alive !!

You are greatly appreciated....

Many Thanks from Mr. Krispy

speedymjb said...

Thanks for all the KIND words!

kike said...

Thank you for sharing so great recordings over the years. Best regards, Kike.

heartsofstone said...

Well said. Thank you again for all you do for all of us.

La Piazza Gancio said...

Kindness is falling out of fashion, as half of us feel it's a sign of (gasp) weakness.

Thank you for advocating!

speedymjb said...

that some believe that those who are KIND are weak just shows how far we have fallen as a society. To be kind and selfless, to have empathy and concern, those are the marks of true huumanity. We need far more of that and far less name calling, trolling, and anger.

Hugh said...

Speedy thanks for Being KIND with this blog and shares elsewhere. Happy New Year. regards, Hugh

LakerCrazy said...

Speedy...a little late for Happy New Year's...but I wish you and your loved one's a Healthy, Peaceful & Prosper 2022. And it goes without saying I appreciate your friendship & time & effort in sharing some great tunzs.

quod libet said...

Thank YOU Speedy! Even when I'm on a break from adding music to catch up on listening to what I've got, I still enjoy visiting to see what the daily is and to hear what you have to say about it. Always a pleasure, thanks!

Post a Comment