Neil Young
Neil Young - 2008-02-18 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (SBD or Ex Aud)
2008-02-18
RAI Theater
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Soundboard Recording (Or Ex Aud)
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. From Hank To Hendrix
02. Ambulance Blues
03. Kansas
04. A Man Needs A Maid
05. Try
06. Harvest
07. talk
08. After the Goldrush
09. Mellow My Mind
10. Stringman
11. Love Art Blues
12. Heart of Gold
13. Old Man
14. The Loner
15. Don't Cry No Tears
16. Dirty Old Man
17. Spirit Road
18. Bad Fog Of Loneliness
19. talk
20. Winterlong
21. Oh Lonesome Me
22. Powderfinger
23. No Hidden Path
24. Cinnamon Girl
25. Rockin' In The Free World
2000s - #5: In March 2005, while working on the Prairie Wind album in Nashville, Neil Young was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm. He was treated successfully in an operation performed in a New York hospital on March 29. Two days later, Young passed out on a New York street from bleeding from the femoral artery, which surgeons had used to access the aneurysm. Neil was again treated, and again, recovered. After 2 such close brushes with death, most people would have probably retired to a nice quiet life, thankful to still have some more days ahead of them. Neil Young, however, is not most people. His life since the aneurysm has been as busy as prior to the operation. By September 2005, Prairie Wind had been released, and the album's live premiere in Nashville was immortalized by filmmaker Jonathan Demme in the 2006 film, Neil Young: Heart of Gold. The next year, he was back on the road with CSNY as part of the Freedom of Speech tour, protesting the policies of then President George Bush. In 2007, he released Chrome Dreams II, a sequel to an album he never released! Typical Neil -- always doing things his way! He continued to tour extensively, playing over 100 shows in 2007 and 2008 combined. This soundboard (or excellent audience) recording catches Neil in Amsterdam on February 18, 2008, 15 years ago today and just about 3 years after his aneurysm.



6 comments:
Hi Speedy, what group are you loooking For? I tried the link & my windows defender said it was dangerous & wouldn't open it. Hope you are well, I am me + &-. I keep putting things up & hope for the best. It is sunny & cold here. CC, Mass. Barely 40. C'mon June! Have a nice day. jimg.
@Jimg - sorry you had an issue - just tested it and its working fine - some anti virus software doesn't like Krakenfiles for some reason but I've never had an issue. If you want this show, I can report with a Wtransfer link at the CAVE.
Looking for a whole host of shiows from Wolfgan;s Vault - I posted a wetransfer link to a spreadheet showing them all, Hope tha helps.
Thanks for this speedy!
Not to be nosy, but I'm curious. Can I ask what "the CAVE" is that you mentioned?
Its a chatroom where some folks congrgate to share music. I'm not an admin so I can't invite other folks
Gotcha. Thanks for the response.
Post a Comment