Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Frank Sinatra - 1960-10-02 - Maui, HI (SBD)

Frank Sinatra
1960-10-02
JFK Fundraiser
Waikiki Shell
Honolulu, Hawai
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. The Lady Is A Tramp
02. Day In Day Out
03. You Go To My Head
04. I Could Have Danced All Night
05. Come Fly With Me
06. I Get A Kick Out Of You
07. Angel Eyes
08. Willow Weep For Me
09. Nice ‘N’ Easy
10. I’ve Got You Under My Skin
11. Moonlight In Vermont
12. On The Road To Mandalay
13. River Stay Away From The Door > Exit Fanfare > JFK Telegram


1960s - #1: On October 2, 1960, 64 years ago today, Frank Sintara perfromed a fund rasing concert for John F. Kennedy's presidential campaign (Note - some sources say this was on October 12). Sinatra was in Hawaii at the time shooting the movie The Devil at Four O'Clock.  In  response to criticism from Republican candidate for the House of Representatives, Frederick Titcomb who claimed show business people were making a farce out of serious politics, Frank defended the right of entertainers to campaign for their political convictions. Sinatra responed that  "The Hearst papers throughout the nation are campaigning for Nixon and throwing a lot of propaganda in. If this organization of newspapers can do it, then why shouldn't I just by singing? I've been campaigning for Democrats ever since I marched in a parade for Al Smith when I was a 12-year-old kid."  Interestingly, Sinatra would also campiagn for Demcrat Hubert Humphey in 1968, but in the 1980s raised funds for Republican Ronald Regan.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much.

Taylor said...

Love it, thank you!

Post a Comment