Smokey Robinson
1977-10-21
Musikladen Extra
WDR-TV Studios
Bremen, Germany
TV Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Introduction > Open
02. I Am I Am
03. Baby That's Backatcha
04. The Agony & the Ecstasy
05. Vitamin U
06. The Tracks Of My Tears
07. Tears Of A Clown
08. Ooh Baby Baby
09. Theme from "Big Time"
10. "Big Time" reprise
1970s - #6: One of the most successful members of the Motown family, Smokey Robinson would produce 26 top forty hits with the Miracles between 1960 and 1970, such as You've Really Got a Hold on Me, I Second That Emotion, Tears of a Clown, Ooo Baby Baby, Going to a Go-Go and The Tracks of My Tears. He would also pen countless hits for other Motown artists, including My Guy for Mary Wells; The Way You Do The Things You Do, My Girl and Get Ready for The Temptations; and I'll Be Doggone and Ain't That Peculiar for Marvin Gaye. He was a member of the 2nd orck & Roll Hall Of Fame class when he was inducted in 1987. This soundboard recording captures Smokey on tour in Germany on October 21, 1977, 47 years ago today, in supoort of the 2 albums he released that year, Deep In My Soul and the Big Time soundtrack.



3 comments:
Speedy my friend You made my day! I did not have this in my collection! Thank you! I got this from you and some Kool & The Gang from Voodoo Wagon it's a great morning!
JD
Solo Smokey in the 1970's?! This will be a treat! The man never seems to lose his voice. Thanks, Speedy!
Excited to see this!
Post a Comment