John Hiatt
& The Goners
1988-10-04
Paradise Theatre
Boston, MA
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Intro > Drive South
02. Trudi And Dave
03. Thank You Girl
04. The Tip Of My Tongue
05. Alone In The Dark
06. Tennessee Plates
07. Icy Blue Heart
08. Memphis In The Meantime
09. Real Fine Love
10. Love Like Blood
11. Georgia Rae
CD 2:
01. Ride Along
02. Where Is The Next One Coming From?
03. It'll Come To You
04. Paper Thin
05. Feels Like Rain
06. Your Dad Did
07. Have A Little Faith In Me
08. Slow Turning
09. Thing Called Love
1980s - #1: In August 1988, John Hiatt released the album Slow Turning, his follow up to his 1987 breakout album, Bring The Family. Hiatt is backed on the album by the Goners: Sonny Landreth on guitar, Dave Ranson on bass and Kenneth Blevins on drums. The album contains some of Hiatt’s best know tunes, including Drive South, Tennessee Plates, Feels Like Rain and the title track. The single Slow Turning received significant airplay and has several notable lines. The chorus of “not fade way’ echoes the Buddy Holly song of the same name, while the line “never did get what I wanted but now I get what I need” is reminiscent of a line from the Stone’s You Can’t Always get What You Want. Speaking of the Stones, Slow Turning also features the lyric “I'm yelling at the kids in the back, 'cause they're banging like Charlie Watts”. I’ve said it in other posts but it’s worth repeating here – John Hiatt is a vastly under rated singer/songwriter. This FM broadcast captures Hiatt in Boston on October 10, 1988, 3 dozen years ago today, on tour in support of Slow Turning. NOTE - while the source says FM, its a bit muted so its possible it could be an audience recording.



1 comments:
Thank you for this sir!
Post a Comment