Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Beach Boys - 1971-06-27 - Fillmore East, NY (SBD)

The Beach Boys
1971-06-27
Closing Night
Fillmore East
New York, New York
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Intro: Bill Graham
02. Heroes & Villians
03. Do It Again
04. Cottonfields
05. Help Me Rhonda
06. Wouldn't It Be Nice
07. Your Song
08. Student Demonstration Time
09. Good Vibrations
10. California Girls
11. I Get Around
12. It's About Time

LINK REMOVED - OFFICIALLY RELEASED

1970s - #5 - When promoter Bill Graham decided to close both the Fillmore East and West in 1971 (you can read his letter explaining the decison in this article), he scheduled a series of concerts to send both venues out in style.  For the Fillmore East, he selected the Allman Brothers to headline the last 3 concerts at the venue. After all,  the Allmans had played so many shows at the Fillmore East, including the ones that were recoreded for the legendary At Fillmore East live album, that they were nicknamed “Bill Graham’s House band”.  The Beach Boys, however, who were on the bill for the the final show at the Fillmore, on June 27, 1971, 45 years ago today, had other ideas. When they arrived at the theater and began unload their gear, they insisted that they go on last.  Graham, who had little tolerance for anything that wasn't done his way quickly told the band, "Well, just pack up your shi*t. I have my closing band."  The Beach Boys had to swallow their pride and went on 5th, out of 7 bands, as captured in this FM Broadcast. 


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obrigado,
Great Blog,Great Fillmores
The Brazilian

matt.g said...

Thanks speedy! great beach boys post. i am going to see them on Saturday!! take care speedy!

Anonymous said...

Could you please reup this show. Every link has deleted the file. Thanks a million love your site and all the work you put into it

Anonymous said...

please reup thanks

speedymjb said...

Sorry for the slow response but I've been a way a few days. This one is still working - try the first rapidshare line.

Anonymous said...

Hi I tried the links and they still don't work. Can you please repost the links? Thank you! I love your site!

speedymjb said...

New link is up!!

Anonymous said...

Would be great if you could re-post when you get a moment. Thanks so much!

speedymjb said...

new link is up! enjoy!

Paul Redbeard said...

Another one I missed. Please would you kindly re-up it?

speedymjb said...

Paul - While appreciate you your kind words, please read my policy on reposting shows:

If you come across a link that is dead, just leave a comment in that post. I check comments daily and will re-load the link within 48 to 72 hours.

Please note - I can handle requests for a show or two, but if you are asking me to re-post dozens of dead links, I simply do not have the time to address that. Thanks in advance for understanding.

speedymjb said...

Paul - pick a show or 2 and I'll re-ip it for you!

Paul Redbeard said...

I don't expect so but would it be ok to ask now if this show could be re-upped please? Many thanks, Paul

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy!

Post a Comment