Mark Knopfler
1996-06-08
Stadtpark
Hamburg, Germany
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1
01. Darling Pretty
02. Walk Of Life
03. Imelda
04. The Bug
05. Rüdiger
06. Je Suis Désolé
07. Calling Elvis
08. I’m The Fool
09. Last Exit Brooklyn
10. Romeo & Juliet
11. Sultans Of Swing
12. Done With Bonaparte
CD 2
01. Golden Heart
02. Cannibals
03. Telegraph Road
04. Brothers In Arms
05. Money For Nothing
06. The Long Highway
07. Going Home
Bonus Tracks
2001-06-16
Stadtpark
Hamburg, Germany
08. What It Is
09. Junkie Doll
10, Pyroman
11. So Far away
1990s - #3 - In April 1996, Mark Knopfler, formerly of Dire Straits, went on the road in support of his debut solo album, Golden Heart, which he released on March 26 of that year. The tour encompassed 84 concerts in 66 cities, all in Europe, including this show on June 8, 1996, 16 years ago today, in Hamburg. Knopfler had disbanded Dire Straits in 1995, and the band’s last tour had been in 1992. His set list included several Dire Straits classics, such as Sultans of Swing, Romeo & Juliet, Money For Nothing and Walk of Life, but his focus was his new solo material. In fact, as the years have passed, Knopfler’s solo tours have drawn less and less on his Dire Straits heritage. Download this soundboard recording to hear Knopfler as he takes his first steps as a solo artist.



6 comments:
Thanks for the excellent postings. Any chance of a re-up on this Knopfler show?
New links are up - enjoy!
Re-up request #1 for today :)
Did you ever get the Koozie I sent you? ( Yes I will be communicating in the comments from now on lol! ).
New link is up! enjoy!
Yes - I did get the Koozie. Thanks!
Good! You're welcome!
I also owe you a bit of thanks because Wednesday night during Sarah's show we got a new listener/chatter. I asked him how he found his way to KMS Radio and he said he had seen the link at So Many Roads and curiosity got the better of him.
Needless to say he enjoyed himself and made a few requests so we have a new fan of the Radio station.
Thank you very much for linking up! :)
Glad we could send some listeners your way!
Post a Comment