Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 20, 2012

Crosby, Stills & Nash - 1987-08-20 - Wyoming, MI (HQ Aud)

Crosby, Stills & Nash
1987-08-20
Lamar Park Music Theatre
Wyoming, MI
HQ Audience Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Wasted On The Way
02. You Don't Have To Cry
03. Blackbird
04. Almost Cut My Hair
05. Compass
06. My Lady Of The Island
07. Try To Find Me
08. Wordgame > Crossroads
09. Guinnevere
10. Suite:Judy Blue Eyes
11. Suite:Judy Blue Eyes (part 2)
12. Love The One You're With
13. Change Partners
14. Just A Song Before I Go

CD 2:
01. Nighttime For The Generals
02. Dark Star
03. Soldiers Of Peace
04. (Talk)
05. Critical Mass > Wind On The Water
06. Long Time Gone
07. For What It's Worth
08. Southern Cross
09. Teach Your Children
10. Our House

I saw Crosby Stills & Nash for the first time in 1978, when the band was riding high after the release of the CSN album a year earlier.  That disc climbed all the way to #2 on the Billboard charts, while the single, Just A Song Before I Go, had reached the #7 spot.  By the time I saw the band again in 1985, the picture was very different.  CSN had not released a studio album in 3 years, since Daylight Again in 1982.  Crosby had been arrested several times on drug and weapons charges.  Yet, despite their troubles, the trio seemed to find a way to tour every summer, taking refuge on stage from their issues.  In addition to the 1985 concert, I would see CSN in 1986, 1987, 1989 and 1992 (more on that last show later this month). Here’s a HQ audience tape from that period, a concert Wyoming, MI on August 20, 1987, a quarter century ago today. Download this one to learn, as I did back then, that while CSN might no longer be a force in the studio, they could still produce majestic harmonies live in concert.


















3 comments:

Gman said...

Could I please request a repost for this link? Somehow I missed this one prior. Thanks Speedy!

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy!

Gman said...

Talk about lightening fast! I now call you 'Mr.' Speedy. Thanks so much, G.

Post a Comment