Grateful Dead
1982-08-01
Jerry Garcia's 40th Birthday
Zoo Amphitheatre
Oklahoma City, OK
SBD Matrix Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. Jack Straw
02. They Love Each Other
03. C C Rider
04. Tennessee Jed
05. Me & My Uncle >
06. Big River
07. China Cat Sunflower >
08. I Know You Rider
2nd Set:
01. Playing in the Band >
02. Iko Iko >
03. Playin' Jam >
04. Lost Sailor >
05. Saint of Circumstance >
06. Drums >
07. Space >
08. The Wheel ->
09. Playin' Reprise >
10. Black Peter >
11. Around & Around >
12. Johnny B. Goode*
Encore
13. U.S. Blues*
*Audience source only
As I've mentioned before here on So Many Roads, 1982 was one of the few years between 1977 and 1995 when I didn't see the Grateful Dead in concert. Thanks to recommendations from my on line buddies AZ Jones and Wolfclan, however, I've spent a lot of time in recent years listening to tapes from that year. Recently, "Live From The Archives", one of the sites listed in my blog roll, also posted several Dead shows from 1982. They noted that "1982 found the band leaning toward a simple, more straight ahead rock approach than previous years. The entire year is full of fantastic shows and I was torn as to which one to post". Well, you can check out 1982 for yourself with this soundboard recording from St Paul from August 6, 1982, 30 years ago today. This soundboard recording captures the Dead on August 1 1982, 3 decades ago today. It was Garcia’s 40th birthday, reminding us that today would have been #70 for Jerry had we not lost him in 1995. Download this one and remember all the music Jerry left us with.



0 comments:
Post a Comment