Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Johnny Cash - 1987-08-22 - Gdansk, Poland (FM)

Johnny Cash
1987-08-22
Sopot Festival
Gdansk, Poland
BBC FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Ring Of Fire
02. Big River
03. Boy Named Sue
04. City Of New Orleans
05. Rock Island Line
06. Highway Man
07. Long Black Veil
08. Folsom Prison Blues
09. I Got Stripes
10. I Still Miss Someone
11. 16 Tons
12. Get Rythem
13. Jackson
14. If I Was A Carpenter
15. Orange Blossom Special
16. Sunday Morning Coming Down
17. Why Me Lord
18. Casey Jones
19. Peace In The Valley
20. I Walk The Line

The 1980's were a difficult period for the Man in Black. His impact on the Country Music charts waned, his long time record company, Columbia, stopped marketing his work, he had a relapse of drug addiction and underwent double bypass heart surgery. He was so frustrated with Columbia that he actually recorded a song called Chicken in Black, about his brain being transplanted into a chicken. That tune helped sever the relationship between Cash and Columbia. Despite his troubles, Cash did have some positive moments during the decade. In 1986, he teamed with Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison and Carl Perkins on the album Class of '55. He continued to tour successfully, with the Highwayman early in the decade, and later, with wife June Carter and the Carter family. This FM Broadcast captures the Man in Black in Poland on August 22, 1987, 2 dozen years go today. Download this one to hear a fine performance by The Man in Black and to see why his work has influenced not just Country Music but also rockabilly, rock and roll, blues, folk, and gospel. In any event, this FM Broadcast captures the Man in Black in Poland on August 22, 1987, a quarter of a century ago today.




5 comments:

Paul said...

Another dead link. Can you fix please?

speedymjb said...

Paul - please see our policy on reposts in the side bar. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I simply do not have the time o repost as many shows as you are requesting. Please picj one or two and I;ll get those for you.

Paul said...

Okay. Can you fix the Neil Diamond 2010 Electric Proms show, and the English Beat 1982 London show? Thanks.

speedymjb said...

@paul - both shows you wanted now have new links

Paul said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment