Elton John & Billy Joel
2001-01-22
Face To Face Tour
GM Place
Vancouver, BC
Soundboard or Ex Aud Recording
320 Kbps
Artwork Included
Elton John & Billy Joel
01. Your Song
02. Just The Way You Are
03. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Elton John
04. Funeral For A Friend > Love Lies Bleeding
05. Someone Saved My Life Tonight
06. Philadelphia Freedom
07. All The Young Girls Love Alice
08. Rocket Man
09. Tiny Dancer
10. Levon
11. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
12. Uptown Girl
13. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
14. Sad Songs (Say So Much)
15. I'm Still Standing
16. Crocodile Rock
17. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
Billy Joel
18. We Didn't Start The Fire
19. Prelude > Angry Young Man
20. Anthony's Song
21. Allentown
22. Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
23. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
24. River Of Dreams
25. Take Me To The Pilot
26. I Go To Extremes
27. It's Still Rock and Roll To Me
28. Only The Good Die Young
Elton John & Billy Joel
29. My Life
30. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
31. Come Together
32. A Hard Day's Night
33. The Bitch Is Back
34. You May Be Right
35. Bennie And The Jets
36. Great Balls Of Fire
37. Candle In The Wind
38. Piano Man
2000s - #3: On January 12, 2001, Elton John and Billy Joel launched the 4th incarnation of their Face to Face tour. The run would last for 33 shows, split into 2 legs, one in January/February and one in April/May. As on past tours, each concert consisted on solo segments by Elton and Billy sandwiched by duets to open and close the show. This soundboard (or excellent audience) recording captures the 2 legends on January 18, 2001, 16 years ago today, in Vancouver on the 4th night of the tour. In addition to the duets, highlights of the show include Elton doing a cover of Joel’s Uptown Girl and Billy playing a version of Elton’s Take Me To The Pilot.


6 comments:
May take this, but the idea of Elton singing Uptown Girl is almost as discouraging as Billy Joel singing it.
What is with the Billy Joel bashing? If you don't like him, keep it to yourself and move on.
As for "Uptown Girl," yeah Elton's version isn't great. As for Billy's original, it's a classic. Is it my favorite song of his? No, but I like it fine and in the context of the original album it appeared on it fit perfectly.
Personally, I could go the rest of my life without hearing "We Didn't Start the Fire," but mostly because of how outdated the song is now.
Anyhow, I have to check if I have already have this show. I think I do, and it's a good one. Good sound, and it's worth it for Billy tearing it up on "Take Me to the Pilot" alone.
Thanks for the upload. Really enjoyed it.
Great show as all the Billy Joel/Elton John shows are. Thanks for the link.
Hi Speedy. What chance of a reup of this?
100% - new link is up - enjoy
Post a Comment