Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Gin Blossoms - 2003-01-24 - Agoura Hills, CA (SBD)

Gin Blossoms
2003-01-24
Canyon Club
Agoura Hills, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01.  Follow You Down                            
02.  Mrs. Rita                                     
03.  Hands Are Tied                            
04.  Competition Smile                          
05.  Seeing Stars                                   
06.  Cajun Song                                    
07.  Idiot Summer                                   
08.  Day Job                                     
09.  As Long As It Matters                        
10.  Just South of Nowhere                          

CD 2:
01.  Lost Horizons                              
02.  Pieces of the Night                             
03.  Found Out About You                          
04.  Hold Me Down                                   
05.  Until I Fall Away                               
06.  Til I Hear It From You                          
07.  Allison Road                                   
08.  Hey Jealousy                                    

Encore:
09.  Rocket Man                                      
10.  I Need To Know (Cut) 


2000s - #4: In the early 1990s, the Gin Blossoms had a string of chart successes with songs such as Hey Jealousy, Found Out About You, Allison Road and Follow You Down, Some of that success was overshadowed, however, by the suicide of band founder, Doug Hopkins, who had been dismissed from the group right before they made it big due to his issues with alcohol. The Gin Blossoms broke up in early 1997, but 4 years later decided to regroup. Just as that reunion was about to take flight, the band dismissed Phil Rhodes, due to issues with alcohol, an eerie parallel to what had happened with Hopkins. This soundboard recording captures the Gin Blossoms during that reunion tour in Agoura Hills on January 24, 2003, 14 years ago today.



2 comments:

Spensersdada said...

Thanks for the Gin. Great sound.

Pepper said...

I always thought the Gin Blossoms ripped off the Replacements and reaped the benefits. I wasn't aware of the tragedy they went through though. But I think they still owe Paul Westerburg a debt of gratitude.
Anyway they did have some great hooks and thanks for giving me the opportunity to check this out.

Post a Comment