Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 9, 2017

Stephen Stills - 1977-01-09 - The Palladium, NY (FM)

Stephen Stills
1977-01-09
The Palladium
New York, NY
FM Broadcast
224 kbps
Artwork Included

01. I Give You Give Blind
02. Four Days Gone
03. Black Coral
04. Taken at All
05. Stateline Blues
06. Helplessly Hoping
07. Myth of Sisyphus
08. Make Love to You
09. 49 Bye Byes >
10. For What It's Worth
11. Everybody's Talkin'
12. Treetop Flyer

Note: broadcast date


1970s - #1: At the time of this show, from the Palladium on January 9, 1977, 4 decades ago this very day years ago today, Stephen Stills was on the outs with all 3 of his long time partners -  Neil Young, David Crosby and Graham Nash. Neil had left him without warning in the middle of the Stills-Young Band tour in 1976. Crosby and Nash were angry with him (and Neil) for wiping their vocals from early recordings of the Long May You Run album, after the pair had to leave the recording session to fulfill other contractual obligations. Eventually, all was forgiven and CSN reunited later in 1977 and have been together ever since, while Neil rejoined the trio many years later, in 2000, for a series of tours to launch the new century.  By the way, we told you that sometimes our posts from the same city or venue would have something in common, while others would be as different as you could imagine.  Well, I think our 2 posts from the Palladium fit the alter category, given they featured The Runaways and Stephen Stills!


11 comments:

drogos said...

Hello,
Beautiful things on your blog as usual. many thanks for sharing.
Best regards,
Robert

Ray said...

Thank you for this show!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- I not heard this one before. The stripped down lineup is nice, and Stills is in strong voice. Thanks so much for posting!

beautyanddabeast in Flagstaff said...

Hmmmmm - I have a show from 10-25-76 that says it's from the Palladium with exactly the same song list EXCEPT 49 Bye-Byes is right before For What It's Worth!!
ron in flagstaff

Anonymous said...

I took on a sudden hankering for some Stephen Stills and so obviously came straight here after checking with Edge at T.U.B.E. Unfortunately, all the links for Stephen Stills, chronologically speaking from this point on, are dead. I can't bring myself to be greedy enough to ask you to re-up all these shows so this is just me letting you know as a courtesy that they're all gone. Thanks!

speedymjb said...

Unfortunately, given that this blog is almost 8 years old and has over 3500 posts, there's no way I can keep all links active. Just not enough time in the day. To help satisfy your need for some Stills, I re-posted the following 2 shows - enjoy:

Stephen Stills - 1972-09-16 - London, UK (FM)
Stephen Stills - 1979-07-02 - New York, NY (FM)

Anonymous said...

I understand completely. That's why I would have felt like a real jerk to request much less expect you to re-load all of them. I just went and got the two you re-upped. I wanted both of them and they both look great. Thanks so much for the quick response and an even bigger thank you for all you do and all the great music I've gotten here for years and continue to get thanks to your time and generosity.

Fatboyltd said...

This link is dead. Could you maybe re=post it? Thanks!

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy!

Fatboyltd said...

That's just awesome! As far as I know, after 40 years or so of gathering, this finally completes my Stills collection! Thank you so much for the quick refill!

speedymjb said...

My pleasure! Glad to help!

Post a Comment