Over the last two days, I have received several requests for reports where the requester picks a band, lists every dead link and asks for them all to be re-upped. While I fully understand folks wanting the music (if they didn't this blog wouldn't have lasted over 8 years), as I have mentioned several times in the past, I simply do not have the time to handle that kind of request. Ask for one or two shows, and I'l be glad o help. But mass requests like that are simply going to be deleted and ignored.
Just a reminder - here's our policy on re-posts:
- If there's a show you would like me to re-post, and you ask using common courtesy, I'll do my best to get to it in 48 to 72 hours.
- If you are asking me to re-post every dead link for a particular band, well, that's something I simply won't be able to do. Just not enough time in the day and I do have a wife, kids, job, etc.
- If you are rude in your request, you're getting no response
- Also, I will no longer take re-post requests from Anonymous users. Most of the time, the issues outlined above are caused by folks who are Anonymous, so unless you have some kind of identity (such as Speedy, or Wolfclan or AZ Jones, or PigStreet, etc), I won't be honoring the request. Having an identify enables me to determine who is a frequent visitor to So Many Roads and such folks will get priority when it comes to requests for reposts!
I know that these policies may be disappointing, but its the reality of the situation as there's simply not enough hours in the day to get to everything.
Thanks for understanding.

3 comments:
I've downloaded a lot of stuff from you over the years. If you put the requests up top, I and others can probably help repost.
Speedy, simple rules of the road that make sense. Thanks for all you do. Enjoy your blog. Hugh
Well said, Speedy! You are performing a service out of the kindness of your heart, and people should not make demands. You have been kind to re-up the occasional concert for me, and I am grateful.
Post a Comment