Tom Petty
& The Heart Breakers
1995-08-15
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Love Is A Long Road
02. You Don't Know How It Feels
03. Listen To Her Heart
04. I Won't Back Down
05. Free Fallin'
06. You Wreck Me
07. Diamondhead
08. Mary Jane's Last Dance
09. Don't Come Around Here No More
10. A Higher Place
11. Learning To Fly
12. The Waiting
13. Yer So Bad
14. It's Good To Be King
CD 2:
01. It's Good To Be King
02. Goin' Down To Georgia
03. Refugee
04. Runnin' Down A Dream
05. Crowd
06. Honey Bee
07. American Girl
08. Crowd
09. Alright For Now
I saw Tom Petty live once, in April 1983 at the Brendan Byrne (later the Continental Airlines, and finally, the Izod) Arena. Nick Lowe was the lead-in band, making for quite a new wave night of music.
Today's post takes us forward about a dozen years after I saw Mr. Petty. In the early 1990’s, Petty took a break from the Heartbreakers to work on his second solo album, Wildflowers, which was released in 1994. The disc sold over 3 million copies, went to #1 on the Billboard charts, and spawned the hit singles, You Don't Know How It Feels, You Wreck Me, It's Good To be King and A Higher Place. He reunited with the band, however, in 1995, launching the Dogs With Wings Tour. This soundboard recording captures Petty and The Hearbreakers during tha run, in Saratoga Springs on August 15, 1995, 31 years ago today.

4 comments:
Good day. Thank you for all you do to share so much great music. Over the years, I have re-lived many great memories by listening to shows I saw live and found here. Would it be possible to re-post the Petty show at Saratoga Springs in 1995?
Thanks for the kind words! New link is up! Enjoy!
Gracias amigo!
Thanks again, I also have to ask, is the instrumental break and end of "It's Good To Be King" an epic head trip or not? Reminds me of nights as a teen laying on the floor on my room (high as f---) with my two speakers facing each year, listening to "Black Dog" or some Moody Blues' "Legend of A Mind."
Post a Comment