Jorma Kaukonen & Friends
2004-01-20
"If I Had My Way"
The Blues, Gospel & Ragtime of Reverend Gary Davis
New York Guitar Festival
Merkin Hall
New York City
WFUV-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Intro
Roy Book Binder
02. Roy Book Binder Interview
03. Candyman
04. It's Gonna Be Alright Someday
05. Intro to Let Us Get Together
06. Let Us Get Together
07. The Preacher Picked The Guitar
Brandon Ross
08. Brandon Ross Interview
09. Twelve Gates To The City
10. Lord I Feel Just Like Going On
11. I Am The Light
12. Brandon Ross Outro
Ernie Hawkins
13. Ernie Hawkins Interview
14. Slow Drag
15. Intro to Gospel Tunes
16. Gospel Tunes
17. Maple Leaf Rag
18. Cocaine Blues
19. Ernie Hawkins Outro
CD 2:
Jorma Kaukonen & Barry Mitterhoff
01. Jorma Kaukonen Intro & Interview
02. Candyman
03. Sally Where'd You Get Your Liquor From?
04. Hesitation Blues
05. Search My Heart
06. Death Don't Have No Mercy
07. I'll Be Alright Someday
08. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed And Burning
09. I Am The Light Of This World
10. Let Us Get Together
11. Outro
2000s - #4: On Janury 20, 2004, 22 years ago today, the New York Guitar Festival presented "If I Had My Way", a trubute to the music of the Reverend Gary Davis. Davis was a significant figure in the history of American music, especially folk, blues, gospel and ragtime. His songs, such as Samson and Delilah, You Got to Move, Candy Man, and Death Don’t Have No Mercy have been covered by artists as varied as Peter-Paul-&Mary, Joan Baez, the Grateful Dead, Hot Tuna, and the Rolling Stones. Thsi FM broadcast captures the tribute in its entirety, including sets by Roy Book Binder, Barndon Ross, Ernie Hawkins, and Jorma Kaukonen.



2 comments:
Thanks VERY much for this show. Great stuff here !!
Awesome!
Post a Comment