The Holmes Brothers
1994-01-08
Geoffrey Daniels
Bethlehem, PA
Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. intro
02. Will The Circle Be Unbroken
03. Amazing Grace
04. Shake Baby Shake
05. Get Myself Together
06. Baby, What You Want Me To Do
07. Hey Now Baby
08. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby
09. The More I Get, The More I Want
10. So Fine
11. unknown country song
2nd Set:
12. Sweet Home Chicago
13. Hi-Heeled Sneakers
14. unknown blues song
15. Big Boss Man
16. You Don't Know Like I Know
17. You're Gonna Make Me Cry
18. Down In Virginia
19. The Love You Save Might Be Your Own
20. None But The Righteous
21. Jesus Is Alright
22. Never Let Me Go
23. I Feel Like Praising Him
24. Baby Won't You Please Come Home
25. Do Lord Remember Me
1990s - #1: If you look at the page on this blog where I list all the concerts I've attended, (or peruse the countless lists in my book about all the shows I've seen), you won't see any mention of the Fabulous Holmes Brothers. That's because I saw them so many times, at so many different blues clubs in New York in the late 1980s that I lost count. For those of you unfamiliar with them, the New York Times described the band as playing “Timeless, deeply soulful and uplifting gospel-drenched blues, street corner doo-wop, ballads, R&B, country and funk." This excellent audience recording captures the Holmes Brothers in Bethlehem on January 8, 1994, 32 years ago this very day.



3 comments:
The venue was named Godfrey Daniels, capacity of between 80 to 100 people.
Thank you, I'll give them a spin...
Thank You - Merci - Grazie !!
Post a Comment