Coming Attractions

From September 24 to 30, we'll bring you:
the Grateful Dead, Eric Clapton, Steve Miller, the Hurricane Andrew Relief concert, Spin Doctors, Graham Parker, Bill Graham Tribute Concert, the Grateful Dead, and John Hiatt!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, July 1, 2022

John Hiatt - 1995-07-01 - Bear Valley, CA (SBD)

John Hiatt 
1995-07-01 
High Sierra Festival
Bear Valley, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Crossing Muddy Waters 
02. Drive South 
03. Walk On 
04. Perfectly Good Guitar 
05. Wrote It Down And Burned It 
06. Real Fine Love 
07. Icy Blue Heart 
08. Your Dad Did 
09. You Must Go 
10. Cry Love 
11. Your Love Is My Rest 
12. Angel 
13. Tennessee Plates 
14. Dust Down A Country Road 
15. As Good As She Could Be 
16. Have A Little Faith In Me 
17. Thing Called Love 


After not seeing a concert for over 2 years, from July 2019 to August 2021, due to the pandemic, the first show I attended as concert halls re-opneed was John Hiatt on Septrmber 25, 2021 in Morristown. That was 34 years after the first tine I saw Hiatt, in August 1987 at the Pier in New York City. That gap is the 3rd longest time for me betwen seeing an artist live, behind America (38 years bewteen 1978 and 2016) and Pat Benatar (40 years between 1981 and 2021).

This soundboard recoridng captures Hiatt in 1995, about 2 years after releasing hios critciall acclaimed album, Perfectly Good Guitar, in bear Valley on July 1, 1994, 27 years agio today.






4 comments:

Taylor said...

This looks great, thank you speedy!

swappers said...

Great solo set from Johnny here. Thanks Speedy! (Have posted links across)

greatscott67 said...

Thanks, Speedy! The only time I've seen John Hiatt live was in 1994. Unfortunately (in my opinion), he was going through a "rockin'" period at the time, and it wasn't what I was expecting. I remember he opened with a solo acoustic version of "Through Your Hands," which I loved, but then the electric guitars came out and there were a lot of long and loud guitar solos throughout the night. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan, I just would have rather heard a more intimate performance at the time.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing this (solo) performance from the same time period. Thanks again!

heartsofstone said...

I do love me some John Hiatt. One of the few artists I think are always worth seeing.

Post a Comment