Jimi Hendrix
with Curtis Knight & The Squires
1965-12-26
Georges Club 20
Hackensack, NJ
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Driving South
02. California Night
03. Killing Floor
04. What'd I Say
05. I'll Be Doggone
06. Bright Lights, Big City
07. I'm A Man
08. Sugar Pie Honey Bunch
09. Get Out Of My Life Woman
10. Ain't That Peculiar
11. Last Night
12. Satisfaction
13. Land Of 1000 Dances
14. UFO (Demo)
15. Shotgun
16. Jailtoasts Intro
17. Jailtoasts
In 1967, he would be the newcomer who burned his guitar at Monterrey Pop. In 1969, he would be the rock god who closed Woodstock with the Star Spangled Banner. In 1970, he would be the icon that we lost way too soon. But in 1965, he was simply Jimi, playing guitar for Curtis Knight and the Squires. Knight was part of the 1960’s music scene in Harlem, so the Squires played most of their gigs in small clubs in the New York and New Jersey area. On December 26, 1965, 47 years ago today, Knight, Jimi and the Squires found themselves in Hackensack, NJ, at Georges Club 20 for a post Christmas gig. By some miracle, a soundboard recording exists from that show! Download it here to listen to Jimi Hendrix long before his rise to stardom.



3 comments:
Merry Christmas and Thank You
If you had any trouble with this one, please try again. I edited the link and now the download should be working!
Many, many thanks.
Post a Comment