Neil Young
1970-12-05
Carnegie Hall
New York, NY
HQ Audience Recording
224 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Down By The River
02. Cinnamon Girl
03. I Am A Child
04. Expecting To Fly
05. The Loner
06. Wondering
07. Helpless
08. Southern Man
09. Nowadays Clancy Can’t Even Sing
10. On The way Home
11. Tell Me Why
12. Only Love Can Break Your Heart
13. Old Man
14. After The Goldrush
15. Flying On The Ground Is Wrong
16. Don’t Let It Bring You Down
17. Cowgirl In The Sand
18. Birds
19. Bad Fog Of Loneliness
20. Ohio
21. See The Sky About To Rain > Sugar Mountain
In the book Neil Young: The Definitive Story Of His Musical Career, author Johnny Rogan wrote that “The performances at Carnegie Hall in December (4th-5th) were regarded by Young as some of the most important of his career. Young even stated that he would have gladly played for free, just for the pleasure of performing at that prestigious venue. The seriousness with which Young took those performances were evident in some of his adverse comments to the audiences. He demanded silence between songs and when one punter shouted for a song, Young gave him this stern reply: “Listen, let me tell you one thing. As a performer, when you play Carnegie Hall you look forward to it for a number of years. I don’t take playing here lightly at all and I think that you should have enough faith in me to know that I would plan ahead and include all of the songs that I thought you’d want to hear. That’s OK at the Maple Leaf Gardens… but I’m not Grand Funk Railroad.” This HQ Audience recording captures Neil from the 2nd night at Carnegie Hall, on December 5, 1970, 42 years ago today. Download this one to hear Neil’s music match the majesty of the venue, as he transforms such well know electric numbers as Cinnamon Girl, Down by The River, The Loner, Cowgirl In The Sand, Ohio and Southern Man into acoustic masterpieces.



4 comments:
Thanks Speedy!! i did not have this one. a great Neil Young show!
Great post, thanks!
Marko
link is dead
New link is up! enjoy!
Post a Comment