The Marshall Tucker Band
1978-12-31
The Warehouse
New Orleans, Louisiana
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Intro
02. Fly Like An Eagle > Long Hard Ride
03. Fire On The Mountain
04. Heard It In A Love Song
05. Dream Lover
06. Auld Lang Syne
07. Blue Ridge Mountain Sky
08. Can't You See
09. Hillbilly Band
10. Ramblin'
11. This Ol' Cowboy
12. Desert Skies
13. 24 Hours At A Time
14. Auld Lang Syne > I'll Be Loving You
15. Searchin' For A Rainbow
16. Will The Circle Be Unbroken
The late 1970s and early 1980s were a difficult time for Southern Rock. The genre began to fall out of favor with the rise of punk and new wave music. Lynyrd Skynyrd fell victim to a tragic plane crash in 1977, which killed band members Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines and Cassie Gaines. The Allman Brothers dissolved, reformed and then dissolved again. Capricorn Records, which was the home to the Allmans and a host of other southern rock artists, including the Marshall Tucker Band,, collapsed in 1979 due to financial issues. The MTB would suffer its own tragedy just 4 months into the decade of the 80s, when bassist Tommy Caldwell died in an auto accident. Lead guitarist Toy Caldwell would leave the band 4 years later. Southern Rock, which has risen to prominence in the middle of the 1970s, would never again be the same. When the Marshall Tucker Band took the stage in New Orleans on December 31, 1978, 34 years ago today, however, they probably could not have imagined the difficult times to come. Or perhaps they did, as their closing song that night was Will The Circle Be Unbroken, whose last verse reads "One by one their seats were emptied, One by one they went away, Now the family is parted, Will it be complete one day? Download this FM broadcast and decide for yourself! PS - a big thanks to the folks at rock rare collection fetish for the artwork.



13 comments:
New link is up!
Works well. Thanks Speedy.
Thanks Speedy!
I am a MTB fan, and love FM boots.
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Forget the '76 Marshall Tucker, please, if you are able, I'd much rather have you re-post this one...saw them around this time in LA. Anyway, glad I found your site, lots of interesting concerts and info to go though. Keep up the great work
new links up for both MTB shows you wanted. enjoy
thank you very much speedymjb...keep up the outstanding work
Download link only includes first 5 tracks. Can I get the rest? Been looking for this show for awhile now. Thanks.
Download link seems to include only the first 5 tracks. Can I get the rest? Been looking for this show for awhile now. Thanks.
I just tested it and it downloads fine with all 16 tracks, info file and artwork. I'd suggest the following - use firefox or chrome as your browser, make sure you uncheck any box that says use sendspace accelerator, and only click where it says " Click here to start download from sendspace". Hope that helps.
Could you please reload this one. It used to be easy to get but it's mostly disappeared. Thanks!
new link is up - enjoy
Thank you so much! This just what I needed to finish up my MTB collection!
You are very welcome!
Post a Comment