Eric Clapton
1981-01-31
Simmonscourt
Dublin, Ireland
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Tulsa Time
02. Early In The Morning
03. Lay Down Sally
04. Wonderful Tonight
05. Blow Wind Blow
06. Worried Life Blues
07. Country Boy
08. Double Trouble
09. All Our Past Times
10. Blues Power
11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
CD 2:
01. Setting Me Up
02. Ramblin' On My Mind > Have You Ever Loved A Woman > Ramblin'
03. After Midnight
04. Further On Up The Road
05. Cocaine
06. Layla
1981-01-31
Simmonscourt
Dublin, Ireland
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Tulsa Time
02. Early In The Morning
03. Lay Down Sally
04. Wonderful Tonight
05. Blow Wind Blow
06. Worried Life Blues
07. Country Boy
08. Double Trouble
09. All Our Past Times
10. Blues Power
11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
CD 2:
01. Setting Me Up
02. Ramblin' On My Mind > Have You Ever Loved A Woman > Ramblin'
03. After Midnight
04. Further On Up The Road
05. Cocaine
06. Layla
1980s - #5: In January 1981, Eric Clapton launched the Another Ticket tour, named after the album he would release in February. This soundboard recording captures the opening night of the tour, in Ireland on January 31, 1983, 35 years ago today. Surprisingly, the set list contains only 1 tune from that new disc, Blow Wind Blow. Perhaps the lack of new materiel was symbolic of the trouble EC was experiencing at the time, He would launch a US tour in March, but play only 8 shows before cancelling the rest of the dates. By year's end, Clapton would finally admit he was an an alcoholic, fIn early 1982, he would fly from London to Minneapolis to check into the Hazelden Treatment Center. On the flight, Clapton drank heavily out of fear he would never be able to drink again. Clapton is quoted in his autobiography as saying, "In the lowest moments of my life, the only reason I didn't commit suicide was that I knew I wouldn't be able to drink any more if I was dead. It was the only thing I thought was worth living for, and the idea that people were about to try and remove me from alcohol was so terrible that I drank and drank and drank, and they had to practically carry me into the clinic.” EC would be discharged later that year, finally sober, and return to recording and touring in 1983.



8 comments:
If I had to pick a single track I'd like to hear from 'Ticket', it would be "Blow Wind Blow".
On the album he really leaned into it.
Beyond that, really curious to hear this gig, coming as it did on the eve of his collapse.
What's your favorite year for Clapton boots?
My favorite Clapton era is with e Dominoes but not too mnay great tapes exist from that period. For Solo Clapton, I have to go w2ith 1987!
Speedy, I have always been able to sign into Rocking-Byrd, & this week I got a permission denied. Did he change something? Could you please ask him to send me an invite or a link at bunky01@comcast.net. Thanks, jimg. Have a nice day.
Jimg - I wish I could help you but I'm not a member there. I have the blog linked but I don't have a password or any way to contact him. I'm going to remove the link because it kooks like he made the blog private and only invited members can go there.
Speedy
Thanks, for trying. jimg.
Speedy, could I please have this EC boot reposted? It looks like a good one for my collection. Thanks, G.
@Gman - new link is up! Enjoy!
Wow, that was lightening quick! Thanks so much again, G.
Post a Comment