Jerry Garcia Band
1982-01-11
Old Waldorf
San Francisco
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
02. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
03. That's What Love Will Make You Do
04. Simple Twist Of Fate
05. I Second That Emotion >
06. Deal//
2nd Set:
01. The Way You Do The Things You Do
02. I'll Take A Melody
03. Valerie
04. Harder They Come
05. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down >
06. Dear Prudence >
07. Tangled Up In Blue
1982-01-11
Old Waldorf
San Francisco
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
02. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
03. That's What Love Will Make You Do
04. Simple Twist Of Fate
05. I Second That Emotion >
06. Deal//
2nd Set:
01. The Way You Do The Things You Do
02. I'll Take A Melody
03. Valerie
04. Harder They Come
05. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down >
06. Dear Prudence >
07. Tangled Up In Blue
1980s - #3: The year 1982 was one of the few between 1977 and 1995 when I didn't see either the Grateful Dead or Jerry Garcia in concert. I was busy getting my MBA and unfortunately, music took a back seat to my studies. As a result, I really didn't have a good sense as to how well the band was playing that year until a few good friends - Wolfclan and AZ Jones - got me hooked on several shows from 1982. The more I dug into the 1982 shows, the more I realized that the Dead and Jerry were at the top of their game that year. This soundboard recording January 11, 1982, 3 dozen years ago today, from the Old Waldorf in San Francisco the the perfect introduction to a very under rated year in the long strange trip of the Jerry Garcia Band. By the way, the set list contains one of my favorite cover tunes - Jerry doing his version of Smokey' Robinson's classic, Second That Emotion!



1 comments:
You´re absolutely right!The Years 1980-82 are-in my humble opinion-the best years for the Dead.Partly because of their new Keyboardplayer, who add a lot more colour to the music, but mostly because they were on top of their playing.In the last few month, more and more people realize how good they were at that time and also 1991-92.Much underrated years.
Thanks for all your work here- I love your blog.
Raimund
Post a Comment