Peter Frampton
2007-01-18
PBS Soundstage
Chicago IL
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Off The Hook
02. Lying
03. Lines On My Face
04. Show Me the Way > Float
05. All I Want to Be (Is By Your Side)
06. Wind of Change
07. I Need Ground
08. Black Hole Sun
09. Money (I’ll Give You)
CD 2:
01. Can’t Take That Away
02. Nassau > Baby I Love Your Way
03. Do You Feel Like We Do?
04. I Don’t Need No Doctor
05. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
2000s - #4: Over three decades after the release of the monumental album, Frampton Comes Alive, the legendary guitarist appeared on PBS Soundstage to revisit many of the tunes from that disc. This soundboard recording captures that set from January 18, 2007, 11 years ago today. The set ends with a stirring cover of While My Guitar gently Weeps, a fitting tune for one of rocks legendary guitar gods.


10 comments:
Great blog ! great bootleg !
Thank you for sharing your archive ..
please also welcome to my blog:
http://goodmusicfromearth.blogspot.com.tr/
love & peace
Thanks...
thank you so much for this show speedy, PF was so huge in the mid to late 70s. this post got me thinking so i sought out various on line forums discussing live albums and couldnt believe what i was hearing. It seems almost every live album ever released is a fraud. Overdubs/ edits / some completly redone in the studio.. Case in point Apparently Mick Jagger completley rerecorded his vocals for GYYYO a classic live alb um from my youth. I have bootleg copies from the 69 tour. they sounded great so there was no need for doing this, heard rumors about the Deads europe 72 apparently heavaly overdubbed as well, being a dead fan maybe you could speak of this. Wings over America, Who live at leads. The story here is that supposedly the original release back in the day only 6 songs was not touched just edited but the re releases of expanded editions in the 90s and early 2000s was heavily redone in the studio,you had a 60 something Roger Daltry redoing vocals that he did 35 years earlier , unbelievable , Led ZEPs HTWWW also had much studio tinkering and editing. other examples, Frampton comes alive, Kiss Alive, Eagles live, Neils Live rust supposedly also tweeked in the studio. Bottom line is apparently its not which ones were tampered with , its which ones wernt . Can you trust any official live recording to be as advertised? just shelled out $30.00 bucks for the whos, live at hull 1970 only to find out after the fact that the base was added from the leeds show from the night before. Rumor also now has it that Roger may have gone into the studio to tweak some vocal on that show as well. If an artist cant cut it live then i say just dont release it. To me its like an artist saying to the public i suck live so i had to do this. The thing is i have heard enough bootlegs to know that this overdubbing is not nessasarry. the stones were great in 69 as was McCartney in 76 during the Wings over America tour. so why do this. also all the soundboards of Zep availible . So a vocal might get flubbed or a bad note hit or feedback from the amp big deal. isnt that what the audience heard that night? A live recording is supposed to be a document as to what actually happened on a given place and time. This redoing things in the studio is in my opinion deceiving the public. always knew that it was done some but never realized how bad it was until i read some of these blogs discussing how wide spread it was. It seems almost everything is tampered with in some way. Please respond, Speedy, would love your feedback on this, thanks so much at least i know the music is real here
whether we like it or not, the music belongs to the artist who made it, so they have every right to present it how they see fit. I just bough the CSNY 1974 box set and knew when I did, that its a collection of songs from multiple shows rather than a release of one or 2 shows from the tour, Would I have preferred that they pick one show and release it - yes. But its not my call and I can't make them do what I want. Not worth worrying about - we have plenty of bootlegs to listen to to hear the music as it happened.
Not having complete shows from one venue sucks also but it's not as bad as overdubs and to a lesser extent edits . If the label would say buyer beware could contain overdubs then at least we would be forewarned , I'm sure that there are some people who don't care , me I want a true live performance , in my opinion some of the shows posted here , McCartney for example , I think some of the boots from 76 , sound even better than the official , which leads me back to the point that overdubs arnt nessasarry
How was the CSNY box. Set ? Worh recomennding? Have some boots from that tour Love CSNY
I love the csny 1974 box set but still wish they had chosen to release a full show rather than songs from multiple shows. Comes with agreat booklet filled with historical info and pictures
Love live Peter Frampton - THANK YOU!
thanks!
The link appears to be dead. Could you please fix?
You'll find lots of dead links - blog has been around for 15 years and its just the nature of the beast. Please see this post for more details as well as our re-post policy. I simply can't respond to multiple simulataneous upload requests. So I re-posted this one - for the oothers please come back in a week or so, make another request, and repeat that process over time. https://so-many-roads-boots.blogspot.com/2025/02/dead-links-download-hosts-and-re-post.html
Post a Comment