Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Hall & Oates - 1977-12-06 - Pittsburgh, PA (SBD)

Hall & Oates
1977-12-06
Stanley Theatre 
Pittsburgh, PA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Inlcuded

01. Soundcheck
02. Don't Change
03. Rich Girl
04. Can't Stop The Music
05. Do What You Want, Be What You Are
06. The Emptyness
07. Winged Bull
08. Is It A Star?
09. I'm Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man)
10. Back Together Again
11. Sara Smile
12. She's Gone
13. Abandoned Luncheonette
14. Room To Breathe
15. You Must Be Good For Something
16. Bad Habits And Infections 


H & O 1977 - Back To Back - #1: Believe it or not, the 2nd concert I ever attended was Hall & Oates on June 23, 1977 at the Garden State (now the PNC Bank) Arts Center in Holmdel NJ. I was a big fan of the tune She's Gone, which when re-released in 1976, went to #7 on the Billboard charts. I also really enjoyed the songs Sara Smile, which went to #4 on the Billboard charts, and Rich Girl, which became the duo's first #1 hit. I saw the band for a 2nd time on September 14, 1978, also at the Arts Center. At that point, the duo's sound started to take on more of a pop music feel, and I lost interest in them. This sounboard recording captures Hall & Oates just a few months after I saw them for the first time, in Pittsburh on December 6, 1977, 46 years ago today. Download this one, then come back tomorrow and the next day for parts 2 and 3 of this Back To Back entry.




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks a ton for this! I'm glad you got to see them live, and I'm glad I have too, because now they are in a state of acrimony over business concerns. So sad.

speedymjb said...

@Stephanie - my pleasure. Enjoy the next 2 shows as well!

Post a Comment