Southside Johnny
& the Asbury Jukes
1978-12-30
Capitol Theatre
Passaic, NJ
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. This Time Baby's Gone For Good
02. I Played The Fool
03. Sweeter Than Honey
04. Broke Down Piece Of Man
05. Merry Christmas Baby
06. This Time Its For Real
07. Without Love
08. Got To Get You Off My Mind
09. Talk To Me
10. Light Don't Shine
11. Light Don't Shine (continued)
12. Take It Inside
13. She Got Me Where She Wants Me
14. Trapped Again
15. Got To A Better Way Home
16. The Fever
17. I Don't Want To Go Home
18. Bring It On Home
19. Hearts of Stone
20. You Don't Know Like I Know
21. When You Dance
22. Stagger Lee
SSJ 1978 - Back To Back - #1: The New Jersey music scene rose to prominence in 1975 thanks to Bruce Springsteen. Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes were the 2nd most famous act to emerge from that scene. Their first three albums, I Don't Want To Go Home (1976), This Time It's For Real (1977), and Hearts Of Stone (1978), were filled with Stax R&B influences. All 3 discs were produced and arranged by Steve Van Zandt, the group's co-founder, who also played guitar in Springsteen's E Street band. Van Zandt's tune, I Don't Want To Go Home, became Southside's signature song, an evocative mixture of horn-based melodic riffs and sentimental lyrics. The band's repertoire also included The Fever, Talk to Me, This Time It's For Real, Love on the Wrong Side of Town, a wonderful cover of Sam Cooke's Having A Party, and the definitive version of Springsteen's Hearts of Stone. This soundboard recording caputures Soouthside during the height of their success, at the Capito;l Thetre on Passaic, NJ on Dece,ber 30, 1978, 45 uears ago today. Download this one, then com,e back tomorrow for the 2md half of this Back To Back entry.



1 comments:
Thanks for this!
Post a Comment