Eric Clapton
1985-04-23
Civic Center
Baltimore, MD
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Tulsa Time
02. Tangled In Love
03. Behind The Sun >
04. Wonderful Tonight
05. I Shot The Sheriff
06. Same Old Blues
07. Blues Power
08. She's Waiting
09. Badge >
10. Let It Rain
11. Layla
12. Forever Man
13. Further On Up The Road
1980s - #4: For Eric Clapton, 1985 was a year in which he returned to world wide prominence. Working with Phi Collins, he released the album, Behind The Sun, in March 1985, which was a huge improvement of his previous effort, 1983’s Money and Cigarettes. Behind The Sun produced the hits Forever Man and She's Waiting. The former featured a devastating guitar solo reminiscent of Clapton’s days with the Dominoes and Cream, while the latter was included as part of EC’s set at Live Aid in July 1985. That Live Aid appearance, which also included White Room and Layla, showed the world a healthy and rejuvenated Slowhand, who could still play with the best of them. Clapton launched a world wide tour in support of Behind The Sun, which started and ended in Europe, with stops in the US, Canada and Japan in between. This FM Broadcast captures him on the US leg of the tour, in Baltimore on April 23, 1985, 39 years ago today.



7 comments:
This tour was the first time I saw EC, When I was in the Bay Area. It was a fantastic show and luckily one that I have a very good soundboard recording of. Thanks for the memory!
Many thanks! Any chance you have the next night in Richmond? Polypheme
@Polypheme - I have the prior night in Richmond - you can download it here https://so-many-roads-boots.blogspot.com/2012/04/eric-clapton-1985-04-22-richmond-va-sbd.html I checked and the download link is working. I also have several other EC 1985 shows on the blog - if the links aren't working, let me know and I can re-up You can search for shows using the search box at the very top of the front page of the blog, above the title
THANKS
Thanks Speedy! Forever Man has killer solos!
Not sure my comment made it so I'll redo. Many thanks for the 4/22 Richmond show. I did not see this show here when I searched so I offer it here (Eric at his most belligerent): https://we.tl/t-dPWmStA5OA
@Polypheme - glad you enjoyed 4-22. And thanks for the EC 1974 from Buffalo!
Post a Comment