Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 25, 2024

The Holmes Brothers - 2008-04-25 - Philadelpha PA (early) (SBD)

The Holmes Brothers
2008-04-25
Early Show
Tin Angel 
Philadelphia, PA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Amazing Grace
02. Do Lord, Remember Me
03. Big Boss Man
04. Close the Door And Walk Away
05. Gasoline Drawers
06. Three Gray Walls
07. Got Myself Together
08. Lay My Burden Down
09. I Want You To Want Me
10. Can't No Grave Hold My Body Down
11. He'll Have To Go
12. Jesus On The Mainline
13. May God Be With You


2000 - #4: If you look at the page on this blog where I list all the concerts I've attended, (or peruse the countless lists in my book about all the shows I've seen), you won't see any mention of the Fabulous Holmes Brothers. That's because I saw them so many times, at so many different blues clubs in New York in the late 1980s that I lost count. For those of you unfamiliar with them, the New York Times described the band as playing “Timeless, deeply soulful and uplifting gospel-drenched blues, street corner doo-wop, ballads, R&B, country and funk." This soundboard recording captures the Holmes Brothers in Philadelphia on April 25, 2008, 16 years ago this very day.





0 comments:

Post a Comment