Bob Weir
2012-04-26
Jefferson Theatre
Charlottesville, VA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artork Included
1st Set:
01. Hell In A Bucket
02. My Brother Esau
03. Blackbird >
04. Maggie's Farm
05. El Paso
06. Liberty
07. Dear Prudence
08. Let It Grow
2nd Set:
01. Mexicali Blues
02. Twilight Time
03. Money For Gasoline
04. Peggy-O
05. Bird Song
06. Most Of The Time
07. Sugar Magnolia
Encore:
01. The Weight
2010s - #6: Since end of the Grateful Dead with the passing of Jerry Garcia in 1995, Bob Weir has continued to spend a huge portion of his life on the road. From shows with Ratdog with s long time bass player Rob Wasserman, to post Dead spin offs such as The Other Ones, The Dead, Furthur and Dead & Company, to unique pairings with the National and the Wolf Bros, Weir may be playing live now more than ever before in his long storied career. In 2012, he did a solo acoustic tour, which he desribed to Rolling Stone magazine as "a lot of fun for me, because I get to be alone with the song. And I get to hear every little nuance; if my instrument does something that I wasn’t expecting, I get to chase that. Chase that down a little bit. It’s simple enough so that I can hear everything that I’m singing and playing, and I’m hearing stuff that I wouldn’t, in an ensemble, be able to hear. And I’m working with that stuff so that the songs are showing me new sides of themselves." This soundboard recording captures Weir during that tour, in Charlottesville on April 26, 2012, 13 years ago today



0 comments:
Post a Comment