The Who
1980-04-01
Festhalle
Frankfurt, Germany
Soundboard (or Ex Aud) Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Substitute
02. I Can't Explain
03. Baba O'Riley
04. My Wife
05. Sister Disco
06. Behind Blue Eyes
07. Dreaming From The Waist
08. Drowned
09. Who Are You
10. 5:15
11. Pinball Wizard
12. See Me, Feel Me > Listening To You
13. Long Live Rock
14. My Generation
15. Sparks
16. I Can See For Miles
17. Won't Get Fooled Again
18. Summertime Blues
19. The Real Me
1980s - #1: On March 26, 1989, The Who launched a brief 6 show warm up tour in preparation for a more extensive, 37 show run in North America that would begin on April 14. This tour was just the 2nd featuring Kenny Jones on drums, who had taken over the reins after the death of Keith Moon in September 1978. This soundboard (or excellent audience) recording captures the 6th and final night of the European segment, in Frankfort on April 1, 1980, 45 years ago today.



3 comments:
Thank you so much for this my friend. I saw them in 1982, Seattle on their supposed 'farewell tour,' not too long after this warm-up. I'm lucky enough to have a soundboard bootleg of that show and a DVD boot. The setlist I saw is pretty similar to this. Thanks for the memories and the great boot, G.
Thanks! I saw The Who in July on this tour with the same setlist!
Thanks! I saw The Who in July on this tour. Same setlist.
Post a Comment