Farm Aid
1987-09-19
Memorial Stadium
Lincoln, NE
TV SBD Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Grateful Dead
01. I Need A Miracle >
02. Maggie's Farm >
03. Black Peter
Note: Simulcast from Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
John Mellencamp
01. Small Town
02. Pink Houses
Willie Nelson
01. Whiskey River
02. Stay All Night, Stay a Little Longer
03. Good Hearted Woman
04. Milk Cow Blues
05. Truck Drivin' Man" > "Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms > I'll Fly Away
06. There''ll Be No Teardrops Tonight
07. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
08. Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
09. On the Road Again
Grand Finale:
10. This Land is Your Land
Today, we bring you highlights from Farm Aid 1987, held in Lincon, NE on September 19, 1978, 38 years ago today. This TV Soundboard recording captures full sets from two of the founders, Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp, as well as a performance by the Grateful Dead. The Dead were not in Lincoln, but were playing a concert at Maidson Square Garden in New York. Three songs from the 2nd set, including the highly appropriate Maggie's Farm were simulcast for the Farm Aid crowd. I was in the audience at "The World's Most Famous Arena" that night, the 4th show of a 5 night stand - I went to all of them!

.jpg)

1 comments:
Love these Farm Aid shows, thank you speedy!
Post a Comment