Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
1978-09-02
Bread & Roses Festival
Greek Theater
Berkeley, CA
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Rocky Top
02. Mr. Bojangles*
03. Bayou Jubilee
04. Battle Of New Orleans
05. Diggy Liggy Lo
* with David Bromberg - guitar, vocals
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band performed at the inaugural Farm Aid on September 23, 1985, playing a set with John Denver. They also appeared at the 2006 edition of the festival.
This FM broadcast captures them 7 years before the first Farm Aid, at the Bread & Roses Festival in Berkely on September 2, 1978, 47 years ago today.



3 comments:
As always, thanks for this. I realize you have not posted a lot of Odetta yet, but is it possible you could find and post her set from this festival?
And here is a treat from this same festival: Joni Mitchell and Herbie Hancock performing together. https://archive.org/details/bread-roses-1978-joni-mitchell-herbie-hancock
@Trivial Tony - thanks for teh kind words andthe Joni-Herbie. Not an Odea\tta fan, but if I come across the show you're looking for, I'll post a link here in the comments
Post a Comment