Creedence Clearwater Revival
with Booker T & The MGs
1970-01-30
Fantasy Studios
Berkeley,CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included.
01. Tune-up
02. Instrumental I
03. 99 1/2 Won't Do
04. Born On the Bayou
05. Down On the Corner
06. Blues Instrumental II
07. Going Down Jam
08. Proud Mary
09. Travelin' Band
Creedence Clearwater Revival entered the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame as part of the Class of 1993. As we discussed in our post a few days ago about that induction, while all the members of CCR were at the ceremony, John Fogerty refused to play with any of them, being backed instead by Bruce Springsteen and Robbie Robertson on several Creedence hits.
This soundboard recording captures CCR live in Berkeley on January 30, 1970, 54 years ago today. They are joined by Booker T & The MGs, who are also rock hall of famer's, having been inducted in 1992.



23 comments:
stopped by for a little "click click" :)
Thanks my friend! Much appreciated.
Thank you! Please note that a recent printing of all CCR's Fantasy albums included bonus tracks. Two of them are part of this show. None of them indicate the correct date, as they show as 1970, only.
Moyses - Italy
This looks awesome...thanks for sharing it! I grew up on CCR courtesy of my Dad who taped (reel-to-reel at the time) a ton of radio. I can still remember hearing the songs for Cosmo's Factory for the first time and being blown away by the boogie...those guys could really rock.
Thanks again and hope you're having a great weekend!
Cheers,
Andy (Hrothgar over at Tunzworld)
thnak you for the posting CCR much appreciated.
I'm the guy on the site Guitars101 that originally posted this there back in 2007 and I see you copied my links.
Least you could do is give me credit.
Sorry if you think I copied your link, but I go this from a friend and posted it using my own link. As you know, lots of folks post and re-post shows. I have never copied anyone's links in the 2 years I've had this site. I always upload them myself to my own Megaupload account.
Superb boot!
Thank you very much!
I'm on an Apple Mac, and I can't download this file as I keep getting an Ilivid exe file, which Macs can't open. Help please? Peter (Sydney).
I just tested this and i works fine. You have to wait until the lists of links at the bottom of the page populates. Then click on one of those links - you'll see rapidshare, dpositfiles, etc.
Top!
Thank you very much.
Could you reload this,please?
new link is up
snif snif... link is down. Could you re-up pleaaaase? Thanks for the great work
pnicegreen
New link is up - enjoy
thanks a zillion!
pnicegreen
Isn't the date of this 30 July 1970, not 30 January 1970?
July 30 is incorrect. According to my reserach, The tapes had a date on them and someone misread the 1 as a 7, which is why some sites show this as July. Its January - discogs also confirms that https://www.discogs.com/release/3334473-Creedence-Clearwater-Revival-Booker-T-Jones-Fantasy-Session-70
Also see this article - refers to concert on January 31, 1971 and a jam session with Booker T at Fantasy Studios the night before (January 30). https://sites.google.com/site/theelectricbayou/concerts/1968-1972/oakland-arena-concert-on-january-31-1970
Thanks for the clarification!
Nice! Many thanks. Polypheme
@Polypheme - my pleasure, my friend
Don't say this often enough, but many many thanks for all this wonderful music.
Post a Comment