Jimi Hendrix
1969-01-09
Stora Salen Konserthuset
Stockholm, Sweden
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Early Show:
01. Audience
02. MC Intro
03. Jimi Intro
04. Killing Floor
05. Spanish Castle Magic
06. Fire
07. Hey Joe
08. Voodoo Child
09. Red House
10. Sunshine Of Your Love
11. MC Outro
Late Show:
01. Jimi Intro
02. I Don't Live Today
03. Spanish Castle Magic
04. Hey Joe
05. Voodoo Chile (slight return)
06. Sunshine Of Your Love
07. Red House
08. Fire
09. Purple Haze
10. Star Spangled Banner
The Jimi Hendrix Expereince (Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell, and Noel Redding) was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 1992. In this case, the Hall decided to induct the whole group, as they did with Elvis Costello & The Attractions. And yet, with Bruce Springsteen and Steve Miller, only the band leaders were inducted (though the hall eventually made it up to the E Street Band). Hard to fathom what the Hall is thinking when it comes to these inductions. By the way, we'll have highlights from the 1992 induction ceremony later this month.
This soundboard recording captures the late, great Jimi Hendrix and the Expereience in Sweden on January 9, 1969, 55 years ago today. In early 1969, Jimi Hendrix, after spending a year based in the US, temporarily returned to London, where he moved in with girlfriend Kathy Etchingham, living in her rented Brook Street flat. Hendrix and the Experience immediately launched a tour of Scandinavia, Germany, and France. Then in February, they played 2 sold-out concerts at London's Royal Albert Hall on February 18 and February 24, 1969. No one knew at the time, however, that these would be the last ever European shows for the line-up of Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell on drums and Noel Redding on bass. By June, tensions between Hendrix and Redding would result in the bassist being replaced in the band by Billy Cox.



7 comments:
Thanks so much for this one. I'm looking forward to hearing it!
Looks fabulissimo!!
Speedy,
I'm sorry to bother you but recently I have found it impossible to navigate the download steps. I click on the blue download button and the service tries to install some unwanted software on my system. It then sends me from one fake page to another, asking if I am a robot and not accepting "no" for an answer. This happened with the CSNY link and just now with the Hot Tuna link. My system has blocked the attempted upload several times because the service was sending malware my way. I don't know if other visitors are having this problem but it has prevented me from enjoying the music are sharing. Please let me know if you have any thoughts to share about this.
Alan R - sorry you are having an issue. Yes, you'll get pop up windows when you click the link. Ignore those (or install a pop up blocker - I don't know much about those but others use them), go back to the original window, and click the blue download button again. The show should download. That's the best I can do. All these free hosts have ads/pop ups etc. This is the best of the bunch
Thanks Speedy. I've tried that before and I'll keep trying that approach. The best host site I've used is Mega, which the guy @ Heavy Bootz uses. It is 100% clean and works quickly every single time.
Unfortunately, free mega has lots of limits on what you can upload and how long links stay alive. And while I love running my blog, I draw the line at paying for hosting
ALL GOOD HERE THANKS
Post a Comment