Van Morrison
1986-07-25
Greek Theatre
Berkeley, CA
FM broadcast
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Introduction > Danny Boy
02. Got To Go Back
03. Moondance
04. Vanlose Stairway
05. Cry For Home
06. She Gives Me Religion
07. It's All In The Game > Make It Real One More Time
08. Tore Down A La Rimbaud
09. The Street Only Knew Your Name
10. Beautiful Vision
11. Lark Ascending
12. Haunts Of Ancient Peace
13. Celtic Swing
14. Thanks For The Information
15. Dweller On The Threshold
16. In The Garden
17. Summertime In England
18. Rave On John Donne > Send In The Clowns
Bonus Tracks:
1980-07-10
Montreux Jazz Festival
Montreux Switzerland
19. Kingdom Hall
20. And It Stoned Me
21. Troubadours
22. Spirit
23. Listen To The Lion
24. Tupelo Honey
25. Angelou
1984-10-23
Grand Opera House
Belfast. Ireland
26. A Sense Of Wonder
27. What Would I Do
As promised, here's the 2nd half of our Double Play featuring Van Morrison in 1986. This one is an FM Broadcast from from the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA, on July 25, 1986, 26 years ago today.



8 comments:
Speeeedyyyyyy... Nice post. Thanks. Looking forward to more.
I hope.. :|
Volke
Thanks Speedy, can't get too much Van!!
Okay Speedy-
That Van Morrison show may have been the one that I sold you a beer at (if it ever happened). Like I said in a previous post I did tape a bunch of shows but mostly from my cart so I was far a way and people were talking. On the other hand, sometimes I snuck a friend in who taped for me and a couple of times I was able to use my pass without working. I'll see if I can dig out the box and figure out some way to digitze them. You have inspired me. I don't I ever even made any analog copies back in the day either.
Thanks for this one.
I think the Willie Nelson and Siouxsee and the Banshees were passable and The Cure came out pretty good.
My college friend who gave me a ride down to The City from Binghamton so I could work the show after the semester started did a commmentary over the Steve Winwood show. I snuck him and his girlfriend in (he pushed the cart and she carried the umbrella wearing my hat). They went straight to the front row 45-60 minutes before the doors even opened and got real drunk. They got engaged shortly after and married when they graduated college and I have always taken FULL credit for it. ;>}
You can have the exclusive on mp3 distribution (hopefully Dave will re-open QualityBootz aka QB2 for FLAC) since I don't have a blog or know how to create a torrent) -- although the quality might not be the be; I'm sure you would make an exception if I can find Van at the Pier (and UB40 wit Chrisee Hynde iis historical even though I was stuck BEHIND the last bleachers where the food booths (trailers) extended into the Hudson River. (I better slow down so I can save some of these stories for another time)
Cheers!!!
As always, a pleasure. It was fun "chatting".
The Brooklyn Kid In Exile In Binghamton
Glad you enjoyed! And i found a pretty good audience copy of the July 10, 1986 Van The Man show at the Pier. Just stop back here on Jlu 10, 2013 and it will be all yours (and everyones) to download!
Thank you once again for the great Van shows.
Thank you once again for the great Van shows.
New link is up! enjoy!
Thank you very much, as always!
Post a Comment