Jorma Kaukonen
1978-07-14
Acoustic Set
Convention Hall
Asbury Park, NJ
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01 I See The Light
02. Hesitation Blues
03. Requiem For An Angel
04. Police Dog Blues
05. Watch The North Wind Rise
06. I Belong To That Band
07. Valley Of Tears
08. Roads And Roads
09. Trial By Fire
xx. Vampire Women (missing)
xx. Serpent Of Dreams (missing)
xx. I’ll Be All Right Someday (missing)
xx. Song For The High Mountain (missing)
xx. Killing Time In The Crystal City (missing)
1978-07-14
Acoustic Set
Convention Hall
Asbury Park, NJ
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01 I See The Light
02. Hesitation Blues
03. Requiem For An Angel
04. Police Dog Blues
05. Watch The North Wind Rise
06. I Belong To That Band
07. Valley Of Tears
08. Roads And Roads
09. Trial By Fire
xx. Vampire Women (missing)
xx. Serpent Of Dreams (missing)
xx. I’ll Be All Right Someday (missing)
xx. Song For The High Mountain (missing)
xx. Killing Time In The Crystal City (missing)
Jorma 1979 - Double Play - #1: When I went to see Jorma Kaukonen on July 14, 1979, 33 years ago this very day, I was looking forward to his outstanding acoustic guitar work on songs such as "Hesitation Blues" and "Watch The North Wind Rise". And I got that, at least for one set. The second electric set, however, was a mess, as the band seemed to be jamming endlessly, with little direction or purpose. We actually left about half way through. Turns out, Jorma himself was directionless as well at the time. The legendary guitarist for the Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna, decide to flirt with punk and new wave music, forming a band called Vital Parts, covering his body with tattoos and cutting his hair and dying it orange and purple. Let's just say it didn't go well. Fortunately, by the mid to late 1980s. Jorma came to his senses and went back to doing what he did best, playing rock and roll, especially acoustic guitar. In any event, this soundboard recording captures a portion of the acoustic set from that show. Download this one, the come back tomorrow for part 2 of this Double play.



4 comments:
THANKS for the Jorma...Love to see some Hot tuna from 75 76 period....best.
Hello, could I please get a re-up for this Jorma show ? Thanks very much
New link is up - enjoy
Once again, thanks very much for the re-up. Much apprceiated.
Post a Comment