Bob Dylan & the Grateful Dead
1987-07-24
Oakland County Stadium
Oakland, California
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. The Times They Are A-Changin'
02. Man Of Peace
03. Maggie's Farm
04. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
05. I Want You
06. Highway 61 Revisited
07. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
08. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
09. Ballad Of A Thin Man
10. Shelter From The Storm
11. Slow Train
12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Encores
01. Touch Of Grey (aud source)
02. All Along The Watchtower
Dead & Dylan 1987 - Double Play - #1: After a series of rehearsals in June, The Dead and Dylan played 6 shows together in the summer of 1987. The Dead would open with a set or two of their own music, then serve as Dylan’s backing band for the final set of the night. Our double play features the last 2 of the 6 shows. Interestingly, the Dead’s portion of these 2 shows has been officially released as View From The Vault IV. The 3rd set each night, however, with Dylan out front, have not! So here they are for your enjoyment, starting with this soundboard recording of set 3 from Oakland on June 24, 1987, a quarter century ago today. Download this one, then come back in 2 days for the 2nd half of this 1987 Dylan & The Dead Double Play.



9 comments:
good...yes good...very good...........
As a Dylan fan, I was never impressed with the "Dylan and the Dead" album, so I never bothered to try to track down the shows, even though I heard there were some good performances in there. But since you've posted this one, what the hell, I'll give it a try. Who knows, maybe I'll love it!
Thanks, Speedy!
-Scott
Scott -
The Dylan & The Dead album is horrendous and hardly does justice to the incredible collaboration between the 2. I saw the July Meadowlands show (posted in its entirety on this blog), and after 2 monumental sets by the Dead, the 3rd set with Dylan at the helm was the perfect finish to a perfect day. Enjoy this one, come back on the 26th for part 2, and check out the previously mentioned NJ show, as well as the Philadelphia show, which is also posted here at So Many Roads.
Just a follow-up, Speedy -
I did listen to this show, and while it will probably never be my favorite Dylan era, it was an interesting listen. (I particularly enjoyed the version of "Baby Blue.") In fact, it was interesting enough that I think I will check out some more of the shows. Dylan author Clinton Heylin says that the Meadowlands show is the best of the tour, so maybe I'll go for that one next.
Thanks as always,
Scott
Glad you enjoyed. I was at the Meadowlands show and it was truly an great show. Dylan and the Dead were in top notch form. I have the whole show posted on this blog! Enjoy!
link rip speedy :(
One more request for this astounding collaboration between BD and Dead. May you post again the downloading link ? Many thanks.
new link is up - enjoy
A lot of thanks!!!
Post a Comment