Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bob Dylan - 1994-10-08 - Boston, MA (SBD)

Bob Dylan
1994-10-08
Orpheum Theatre
Boston, MA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Jokerman
02. SeƱor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
03. All Along The Watchtower
04. Queen Jane Approximately
05. Tangled Up In Blue
06. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
07. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
08. Masters Of War
09. Don't Think Twice, It’s All Right
10. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door

CD 2:
01. Highway 61 Revisited
02. In The Garden
03. Maggie's Farm
04. Ballad Of A Thin Man
05. It Ain't Me, Babe

Bonus Tracks
1994-10-09
Orpheum Theatre
Boston, MA

06. You're A Big Girl Now
07. One Too Many Mornings
08. Two Soldiers

Bonus Tracks
1994-10-20
Roseland
New York NY

09. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
10. Highway 61 Revisited 


In the decade of the 1990s, Bob Dylan would go 7 years, from 1990 to 1997 without releasing any new material. In that period, however, he spent time delving back into his folk rock foots. He released 2 albums, Good As I Been To You in 1992 and World Gone Wrong in 1994, composed entirely of covers of traditional folk tunes. Dylan performed all songs on both albums solo, playing acoustic guitar and harmonica. They were Dylan's first entirely solo, acoustic albums since Another Side of Bob Dylan in 1964, 3 decades earlier. His return to his folk roots seemed to invigorate Dylan’s live performances in 1994. Several shows from that year, including his August concert at Woodstock and his October shows at Roseland Ballroom in New York (both posted on this blog!) received rave reviews. Add this show from October 8, 1994, 19 years ago today, from Boston to that list. Download this soundboard recording to hear for yourself why this concert was also selected as a must have by Bob’s Boots.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I attended this show and the following night from which the amazing version of Two Soldiers found on the second disc comes. The show from the 8th was one of the strongest Bob performances I had seen up to that point. The show from the 9th wasn't as strong but the impromptu second encore of Two Soldiers and Blowin' In The Wind was the best Bob I ever saw and that now has reached 176 shows. I think you will find that the source is HQ audience not that that matters. Highly recommended.

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your site. Absolutely brilliant. Thank you very much!

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words! Tell al your friends about it!

benjamin said...

I'm afraid the links are dead. Would you be able to repost this? I was at this concert and would love to have it. Thanks.

speedymjb said...

It's all one link now - and its working fine - enjoy!

Johnny said...

Speedy it would be great if you could re-up this show. Thanks!

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy!

Johnny said...

Thanks so much speedy! I've been on a Dylan kick lately and this looks great!

Post a Comment