Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 4, 2013

Hall & Oates - 1979-11-04 - Los Angeles, CA (FM)

Hall & Oates
1979-11-04
The Roxy Theater
Los Angeles, CA
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Intro
02. The Woman Comes and Goes
03.Don't Blame it On Love
04. Rich Girl
05. Do What You Want, Be What You Are
06. It's a Laugh
07. Sweet Soul Music
08. Band Introduction
09. Serious Music
10. Wait For Me
11. Sara Smile
12. She's Gone
13. Pleasure Beach
14. Be Bop Drop
15. Intravino
16. Room To Breathe  


1979 - As I mentioned in an earlier post, the 2nd concert I ever attended was Hall & Oates on June 23, 1977 at the Garden State (now the PNC Bank) Arts Center in Holmdel NJ. I was a big fan of the tune She's Gone, which when re-released in 1976, went to #7 on the Billboard charts. I also really enjoyed the songs Sara Smile, which went to #4 on the Billboard charts, and Rich Girl, which became the duo's first #1 hit. I saw the band for a 2nd time on September 14, 1978, also at the Arts Center. At that point, the duo's sound started to take on more of a pop music feel, and I lost interest in them. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the new direction, the band soared to new heights, scoring five #1 hits in the early 1980s. This FM broadcast captures the band near the start of that run of commercial success, on November 4, 1979, 34 years ago today, at the Roxy in Los Angeles. Download this one to hear the band transition from Philadelphia soul musicians to international pop stars.
















 

1 comments:

Joe said...

Awesome! Thanks for this, and ANY Hall & Oates you can post is always most welcome. Thanks speedy!

Post a Comment