Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Fats Domino - 1993-07-22 - Antibes, France (FM)

Fats Domino
1993-07-22
Antibes Juan les Pins Jazz Festival
Pinede Gould
Antibes, France
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. The Dock Of The Bay (band)
02. Slippin' and Slidin' (band)
03. I'm Walking
04. Blue Monday
05. When my Dreamboat Comes Home
06. Jambalaya
07. Ain't That A Shame medley
08. Walkin' To New Orleans
09. I'm Ready
10. Blueberry Hill
11. Hello Josephine
12. Poor Me
13. Whole Lotta Loving
14. Red Sails In The Sunset
15. Shake Rattle And Roll ja


He was a a member of the inaugural class voted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1986,  alongside such legends as Elvis Presley, Check Berry, Buddy Holly, James brown, Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, The Verly Brothers, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis.  He had 11 top 10 singles in the 1950s/60s including Ain't That A Shame (#10), I'm In Love Again (#3), Blueberry Hill (#2), I'm Walkin (#4), Blue Monday (#5), Valley Of Tears (#8), It's You I Love (#6), Whole Lotta Loving (#6), I Want to Walk You Home (#8), Be My Guest (#8) and Walking to New Orleans (#6).  He was an influence on the biggest names in rock, including Elvis, John Lennon and Paul McCartney.  He is the one and only Antoine "Fats" Domino, whose melding of R&B, New Orleans sounds, boogie woogie and rock & roll made him one of the musical legends of the 20th century.  This FM broadcast, captures him late in his career, on one of his last tours outside the US, in France on July 22, 1993, 25 years ago today. 




1 comments:

Bob Mac said...

Thanks for this, always enjoy listening to Fats.

Post a Comment