Ray Charles
& The Raelettes
& The Raelettes
1986-07-01
Estival Jazz Lugano
Piazza Della Riforma
Lugano, Switzerland
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Some Enchanted Evening
02. Thank God She Knows
03. I Want Your Love
04. I`ll Be There
05. Don`t Change On Me
06. I`ll Be Over You
07. I Can See Clearly Now
08. Hallelujah I Love Her So
09. What`d I Say
10. We Are The World
11. I Can`t Stop Loving You
Genius. That word not only described Ray Charles, but also became his nickname. Ray combined elements of gospel and blues into a exuberant style that would come to be known as soul music. He mastered jazz, wrote and sang countless R&B classics, and even had a number 1 country and western album. No one could sing America The Beautiful like Ray could. His legend has been immortalized on the big screen, with Jamie Fox winning an Oscar for playing the blind, musical legend. He was one of the inaugural members of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, elected in 1986, alongside Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, Fats Domino, James Brown, Chick Berry and Elvis. This soundboard recording on This soundboard from July 1, 1986, 33 years ago today, from Lugano, Switzerland. The show may catch Ray late in his career, but he still has fire in his soul. Download this one because no rock and roll collection is complete unless it includes some music from the man called Genius.

8 comments:
Just a shot-in-the-dark question, maybe someone knows something, or knows someone who knows something about this:
I once heard of a Ray Charles bootleg in which one of Ray's backing musicians suddenly gets on mike and starts berating his boss, telling the audience how Ray takes advantage of his musicians, doesn't pay or treat them well, etc.
Anyone else heard of this, know what this show is or where to find it? If so please email me at jeffrosongshow AT aol DOT com, or visit and leave a comment at therarestuff.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Love your site but all the links seem to be dead the last couple of days
Unfortunately, this link no longer works. Could you please re-post it whenever you get a chance? Thanks!
new link is up! enjoy
Thank you very much, as always!
Link has died again. It would be great if you could repost when you get a spare moment. Thanks so much!
new link is up! enjoy!
Thank you for all the great Ray Charles Concerts!!!
Post a Comment