Marshall Crenshaw
1991-07-27
The Catalyst
Santa Cruz, CA
VG Audience Recording
128 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Monday Morning Rock
02. Someday, Someway
03. Flirting With Disaster
04. Don't Disappear Now
05. Fantastic Planet Of Love
06. Like A Vague Memory
07. The KKK Took My Baby Away
08. Rockin' Around In N.Y.C.
09. This Is Easy
10. Whenever You're On My Mind
11. Walkin' Around
12. Calling Out For Love (At Crying Time)
13. Stop Doing That
14. Everything's The Truth
15. Have You Seen Her Face
16. Cynical Girl
17. Valerie
18. Better Back Off
19. You Should've Been There
20. I'm Sorry (But So Is Brenda Lee)
21. Viva Las Vegas
Marshall Crenshaw - Double Play 1991 - #2: As long time readers of So Many Roads Know, one of my favorite musicians is Marshall Crenshaw. Crenshaw is so under rated that he makes John Hiatt, whose lack of attention I have frequently mourned, look like Mr Popularity. Crenshaw was born in Detroit, MI but got his big break in New York, when he played John Lennon in the off Broadway production, Beatlemania. While in New York, he recorded Someday, Someway, a song that Robert Gordon covered and took to #76 on the Billboard charts in 1981. Crenshaw released his version the next year, which went to #36 in the charts, his only top 40 single. Crenshaw’s first 2 albums are must owns for every rock fan. Famed critic Robert Christgau summed those 2 discs up in one simple word - PERFECT. This very good audience recording captures Crensgaw on July 27, 1991, 27 years ago today. It’s not quite up to the quality standards we like to adhere to at So Many Roads, but there are so few Crenshaw recordings out there, I decided to make an exception. Just don’t want anyone to be surprised when they listen, so consider this full disclosure!



12 comments:
Thanks for the Marshall, my friend. The sound is more than fine for a true fan of the great "Cynical Guy". I don't thank you often enough for your remarkable kindness and generosity. Your blog is always my first stop in the morning, and most mornings are filled with delight at your offerings. Take care, my friend.
Iggy
Thanks for the very kind words iggy! Very much appreciated. Comments like yours are what keeps me going! Enjoy the music - more great tunz to come!
All Marshall Crenshaw links are back up! enjoy!
Possible to repost? getting file expired message on zippyshare. Thanks for a great site!
@Cks - please see 0ur policy about re-posts in the sidebar - I simply do not have time to re-post every single Marshall Crenshaw show. Please pick one or two you want and I'll do my best to get to them
Sorry. I did not realize that I had entered several requests. I will be more careful to limit them in the future.
thanks
Fair to say I WAY over-exceeded the legal limit on Marshall Crenshaw re-up requests. If you decided to block me, I'd get it. If not, I'll space out the requests in any manner you prefer. As it is, I'll quit asking for now. I blame it on my lack of self control and an irrational exuberance at finding the motherload.
@Mike - at some point in the next week or so, I plan to up all my MC shows to my mega drive as I have sveral requests for them. When I do, I'll post the link here for you
@Mike - That said, please in the future limit requests to no more than 2 per week. That's about all I can handle. Thanks
@Mike - link to a mega drive folder containing all my Marshall Crenshaw shows https://mega.nz/folder/rtlAwL5D#-NU3py8Fo3bTXh_0dLw2fw
@Michael - link above fpr Marshall Crenshaw expires on Friday so grab it while you can
@speedymjb, I got them! Many thanks for making them available and for your generosity.
Post a Comment