The Band
1983-07-23
The Reunion Show
The Saddlerack
San Jose, CA
Good Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Rag Mama Rag
02. Long Black Veil
03 .Up On Cripple Creek
04. The Shape I'm In
05. It Makes No Difference
06. Milk Cow Boogie
07. Catfish Joke
08. The Weight
09. King Harvest
10. Voodoo
CD 2:
11. W.S. Walcott Medicine Show
12. You Don't Know Me
13. Stagefright
14. Caldonia
15. Mystery Train
16. Get Out Your Big Roll Daddy
17. Chest Fever
18. Blaze of Glory
Encores:
19. Back To Memphis
20. Every Night And Every Day
21. Good Night!
Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 1976. The Last Waltz. A concert, an album, a movie, an event, an ending. The last performance by The Band. For 7 years, it really did appear as if The Band truly had left the stage for good. Then in 1983, 4 of the 5 original members - Garth Hudson, Richard Manuel, Rick Danko and Levon Helm - decided to again perform together. While Robbie Robertson remained apart from his former mates, The Band was back. According to the notes that accompanied this show, it was at this concert, on July 23, 1983, 35 years ago today, where The Band reunited for their first live performance since the Last Waltz. The site was a small bar that held less than 400 people called the Saddlerack in San Jose, CA. This is an audience recording, and while the quality is below what I usually like to post at So Many Roads, this show has such historic value, I had to share it with you. Listening to the tape, there's something about the sound quality that will make you almost feel as if you are at the show, having a beer, chatting with other patrons, and being amazed that one of rock's legendary acts had just reformed before your very eyes!



15 comments:
16. ?
19. Back to Memphis
20. ?
Thanks for the help with song # 19
Thanks for posting this show. I love The Band
20 = Every Night And Every Day
(check Big "Mojo" Elem or Morgan Davis)
Thanks for the help with track 20!
track 16.......... Get Out Your Big Roll Daddy by Jerry Lee Lewis and on Levon Helms second solo album I believe
By the way - Ive always been a bit of a snob about the later band stuff without Robbie ROBERTSON - BUT THIS IS A NICE SHOW - thanks
The Bands own website tape archive lists this as being from 7/21 not 7/23 -- it also lists Jesse Ed Davis as the guest at the 7/24 show in Grass Valley - CA so this might be a mix of more than one show or at least have some extras tacked on........
Im not sure if it was their first show however
it also lists a 7/18 show in VAncouver
a 7/4 show in Toronto
and A july 1 show in Chicago - so
Thanks for the feedback and insights! 7-23 is the date that was given by the source where I found this. It sure as heck come be from from a different date or a mix of dates. And I added in the song title on track 16!
one of the best shows I've ever seen!!
my ticket stub shows 7-21
Thanks. I've had several folks point out this might be from 7-21. Source I got it from said 7-23, but a ticket stub sure beats that!
links dead, any chance there will be updates?
thanx....
new link is up! enjoy!
Could you re-post when you get a chance with your schedule? Thank you so much!
new link is up! enjoy!
Post a Comment