Bruce Cockburn
1990-05-09
Musikhalle
Cologne, Germany
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. intro
02. Lovers In A Dangerous Time
03. Shipwrecked At The Stable Door
04. After The Rain
05. Don't Feel Your Touch
06. Rocket Launcher
07. Child Of The Wind
08. interview
09. The Gift
10. Always Look On The Bright Side of Life
In 1984, I bought Bruce Cockburn’s album Stealing Fire, which yielded the well-known singles Lovers In A Dangerous Time and If I Had A Rocket Launcher. I soon lost touch with Cockburn’s music, however, moving on to other bands. I reconnected with his material, however, in the early 1990s, thanks to Jerry Garcia. At a concert at Madison Square Garden in November 1991, I heard Garcia play a wonderful tune called Waiting On A Miracle. Knowing it wasn’t a Jerry original, I did some research, and lo and behold, learned it was written by Cockburn about the revolution in Nicaragua. As long time readers of this blog know, I have always credited the Dead for introducing me to a host of music and styles that I might never otherwise learned about. This FM broadcast captures Cockburn in Germany on May 9, 1990, 31 years ago today. If you’re not familiar with his work, download this give it a listen - I think you’ll be very surprised and pleased. And if you love Monty Python, check out Cockburn's choice of an encore!



1 comments:
Nice post. Cockburn is probably underappreciated--at least outside of Canada.
Post a Comment